Llangollen Breach

dor

Featured Posts

Good News.

Taken from Waterscape

Stoppage: Update of Emergency Closure of Llangollen between Grange Bridge 13 & Swanley Green Bridge 10

13/06/06 UPDATE: It has been confirmed that from 12noon on Friday 16th June 2006 the canal will be fully navigable and both Grindley Brook and Hurleston Locks will be operating as normal.

Well that is good news… I was hoping to get to Whixall last weekend, but due to breach I’m currently moored at the bottom of the Audlem flight, but it looks like I can get away on Friday.

The Shroppie did not seem particularly busy last week but I wonder how busy it will be at Hurleston junction at the weekend?

Tommo

There seemed to be less boats about last week, funnily enough. Though the basin at Norbury was as busy as usual. We were surprised how quiet it was, especially as the weather was glorious. Another good weekend forecast - that may bring out more boaters ! :P

There seemed to be less boats about last week, funnily enough. Though the basin at Norbury was as busy as usual. We were surprised how quiet it was, especially as the weather was glorious. Another good weekend forecast - that may bring out more boaters ! :P

Including us.

We're planning on going to Wheaton Aston and then back down. It'll depend on what time we're at Norbury as to how far we go, but hopefully we'll get there. It'll require a couple of very early mornings, but then I like it early on when it's very quiet and sleepy. Once we've managed to get over getting up early and we have a warm cup of tea to drink, it's wonderful (providing the weather isn't too bad).

How early is early ~ somebody cruised gently past us at 4.30 am on Sunday morning !

We will look out for you, but not at that time !!!!

Phillip,

By the way - what is your boat called ?

Edited by Baron & Mrs Boater

How early is early ~ somebody cruised gently past us at 4.30 am on Sunday morning !

We will look out for you, but not at that time !!!!

Phillip,

By the way - what is your boat called ?

Well it's not our boat, we'll be hiring, but the boat name is 'Myrddin'. It has a stove, but I don't think we'll be using that this weekend! It's a Chas Hardern boat.

Probably not 4 am, that's extremely early - 5 am I would think though, so we'll be on the move for a good few hours before it gets busy (if it gets busy). Basivally we'll be making use of the daylight, but not so much to totally exhaust us.

Edited by Philip