(The alternative) Wheeze of the week.

Neil2

Featured Posts

I was canvassing opinions on shower installations in another part of the forum and came up with another idea.

Hot tubs and jacuzzis are very popular these days I believe. Why not construct a couple of sealed bulkheads, and fill void with water. Rig up a filtration system which constantly takes all the swarf out of the water which can be routed through the calorifier so we have a permanently hot tub which only needs emptying every time the boat comes out for blacking or whatever. Crew, or whoever's not steering can bask in constantly hot water sipping martinis and watching the world go by whilst public on towpath gasp in amazement. Other passing boaters cry in unison why didn't I think of that and go visibly green with envy. Stick all your dirty washing, muddy dogs etc in it when not in use. It might impede passage through the boat but if you stick it up the pointy end that doesn't matter.

I know it sounds daft but some folk have their engines in the middle of the boat can you believe that.

Edited by Neil2

I was canvassing opinions on shower installations in another part of the forum and came up with another idea.

Hot tubs and jacuzzis are very popular these days I believe. Why not construct a couple of sealed bulkheads, and fill void with water. Rig up a filtration system which constantly takes all the swarf out of the water which can be routed through the calorifier so we have a permanently hot tub which only needs emptying every time the boat comes out for blacking or whatever. Crew, or whoever's not steering can bask in constantly hot water sipping martinis and watching the world go by whilst public on towpath gasp in amazement. Other passing boaters cry in unison why didn't I think of that and go visibly green with envy. Stick all your dirty washing, muddy dogs etc in it when not in use. It migh impede passage through the boat but if you stick it up the pointy end that doesn't matter.

I know it sounds daft but some folk have their engines in the middle of the boat can you belive that.

Just think of the amount of time you would have to spend filling up with water

Hot tubs and jacuzzis are very popular these days I believe. Why not construct a couple of sealed bulkheads, and fill void with water. Rig up a filtration system which constantly takes all the swarf out of the water which can be routed through the calorifier so we have a permanently hot tub which only needs emptying every time the boat comes out for blacking or whatever. Crew, or whoever's not steering can bask in constantly hot water sipping martinis and watching the world go by whilst public on towpath gasp in amazement. Other passing boaters cry in unison why didn't I think of that and go visibly green with envy. Stick all your dirty washing, muddy dogs etc in it when not in use. It migh impede passage through the boat but if you stick it up the pointy end that doesn't matter.

I know it sounds daft but some folk have their engines in the middle of the boat can you belive that.

ahhhhhh, it's not a new idea, some of the old working boats had them fitted, along with stinky engines inside......

0.jpg

Edited by matty40s