Members.

Featured Posts

When using an iPad I often press members instead of forums. thick finger issue I suppose.

I usually realise straight away and then just go back to forums.

I stopped to look closer today. It's amazing how many people look at topics, a lot up to 400 views but have never posted, just observe.

When using an iPad I often press members instead of forums. thick finger issue I suppose.

I usually realise straight away and then just go back to forums.

I stopped to look closer today. It's amazing how many people look at topics, a lot up to 400 views but have never posted, just observe.

That is oft so on many, many forums . . ..

I once moderated a forum with 50,000 (or so) members, yet the number that regularly posted was less than 200

Been looking for five years or so, the technical parts are very useful to a boat owner but I have no desire to get involved in most of the arguments as many of them are a bit childish/grumpy old menish.

Ever felt that some aspects of five years boating experience might not be worth sharing with others...

I'd wager it would be.

You can contribute without getting involved in the spats. :cheers:

Been looking for five years or so, the technical parts are very useful to a boat owner but I have no desire to get involved in most of the arguments as many of them are a bit childish/grumpy old menish.

I know what you mean and I have often been "attacked" by a few of the people that you refer to.

There was a time not so long ago where almost every post started with an apology in case the question was silly or had been asked to death.

I spend a lot of time on this site and consider myself to be an armchair expert and

due 100% to the information that I have obtained on this site.

Taking a bit of crap from a few people on here is well worth the wealth of experience and information that this site gives access to.

You can't buy the experience that is available on this site, a bit of a crap now and then is well worth it.

The internet was originally created by the American military, but the first big civilian uptake came from a utopian post-hippy movement that aspired to ease and freedom of information. This forum is a true product of that aspiration!

Edited by WJM

Me too