Springwood haven from the air

Top cat

Featured Posts

Here are some aerial views of the Springwood Haven marina and environs near Nuneaton. Home of Springwood haven , onboard energy and Valley cruisers hire boats As usual taken by a "key fob" camera mounted on the front of a radio controlled model aeroplane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9vSRHTKvQA

I wonder who is hiding behind the leylandi wall ? you can catch glimpses of mount Judd in the distance.

My thanks to Adrian for letting me fly from his car park.

Regards

TC

• Greenie 1

Happy memories! We moored for several years on about the fourth pontoon down on the right-hand side. When we got there, that wharf building wasn't there: built from reclaimed bricks, it looks authentic but is in fact modern.

I see that they still have not built the holiday chalets which they were, at one time, planning to add.

Nice people at Springwood Haven - we used it as a stopping off point to moor the boat when we moved it from Weedon where we bought it to Mercia.

The guy that paints the boats gave me a lift to Nuneaton Station so I could get back to Weedon to get my car and when we moved the boat between there and Mercia on the second leg of the move they let me leave the car there FOC till I could get back for it.. :cheers:

Here are some aerial views of the Springwood Haven marina and environs near Nuneaton. Home of Springwood haven , onboard energy and Valley cruisers hire boats As usual taken by a "key fob" camera mounted on the front of a radio controlled model aeroplane.

Regards

TC

Always a pleasure to watch your videos. It's amazing what can be dome with modern technology. A bit horrified by thye wailing banshees, though.

Concur, very nice folks at the yard. Found the pumpout price a bit horrific.

Always a pleasure to watch your videos. It's amazing what can be dome with modern technology. A bit horrified by thye wailing banshees, though.

Concur, very nice folks at the yard. Found the pumpout price a bit horrific.

Arnt they all? The worst price I have found was at Alvecote Marina at £18. The best at Warwick on the Saltisford Arm at £10.

No tell a lie. Trinity Marina on the Ashby. Cannot remember the price but a timed self service jobby, gone in 30 seconds it seemed!

Edited by jelunga

Yes they are very nice people at Springwood we have had lots of help and advice and will be taking Grace there to be repainted in the summer.

Sorry about the wailing banshees that's the sound of the slipsteam in the microphone. I've been leaving it in to give some sense of speed. I did put music on some o fthe early ones but got nasty grams from You tube about breaking copyright even when I used material done by a friend of mine with his full permission and encouragement. I could cut the sound altogether and produce a silent movie which might improve my chances of an Oscar.

Cheapest pumpout I know round here is at Brinklow marina £12 for DIY, you can buy tokens from the harbourmaster. We have a couple of tokens in stock and usually stop in for a pumpout and a chat when we are passing . Another very friendly place.

Thanks for the encouragement guys its really nice to hear that people enjoy my efforts makes it all worthwhile.

Regards

T C

I could cut the sound altogether and produce a silent movie which might improve my chances of an Oscar.

Nice one!

If you use music first released over 50 years ago on your sound track, it is out of mechanical copyright and is in the "public domain", so you shouldn't get rude letters about using it.

Edited by Athy