Water Water everywhere

matty40s

Featured Posts

We've just come up the Alrewas section. It was on the border between green and yellow at Wychnor, but there's a lot of flow through the Wychnor moorings, and a LOT of flow on the main river. Getting out of the stream and into the lock was tricky, as there's a lot coming out of the mill stream too.

The level at the Alrewas end is just on the border between yellow and red, and if this rain arrives tomorrow, I don't see the section staying open next week.

We are currently stuck above The Trent at Trent Lock on the Erewash and the word locally is that the river will rise round here even higher this weekend, when the region is expecting some very heavy showers on Sunday. I think most of the Midlands, north of here, empties into the Trent and Derwent upstream.

We have just moved on to a brand new boat and are keen to get on the T&M, but Sawley flood lock is closed until further notice, as is Cranfleet so it's no-go to Nottingham. If you coming this way from the west I wouldn't think you would get much further than Shardlow (mind you, there are worse places to be stuck in). It looks like we will be here until Tuesday or Wednesday at least. Roger

I was hoping to take my NB (the black 58 footer with no name) out or Kingfisher's boatyard back to Willington on Saturday last :(. Give me the nod if the river goes down by Friday and I'll try again!

As I suspected from my drive by earlier (Shopping trip with the Missus :blush: ) River levels are still rising even tho it seemed it had rained less today...

Where did you get these graphs please?