Now that's what I call a wide beam

Featured Posts

Tim, correct. P+A.

and very nice it is too - but being realistic a newish DB is likely to be out of my range TBH. IF we were to go wide it would likely be a widebaem NB (Oxymoron if ever there was one) or a much older DB.

:cheers:

Yeah martin thats the one. A nice family with very polite boys, he is an engineer by trade I had a good natter with him when he used to park opposite my mooring at Woodlesford. She was open cargo multi use boat and he bought her and put the cabin top on and fitted it himself. I did a narrowboat once and thought \i was the kiddie :lol: looking back it was a toy after what this guy has done. :cheers:

Bye the way............when ya buying YOUR widebeam :rolleyes:;)

We have been looking (just on t'internet a the mo) I can't deny that.

The problem is we haven't spotted one that would tick enough boxes to justify selling our current boat.

No disrespect to any one but lots seem to be Liverpool/Collingwood shells with owner fit. Our current boat is a Colecraft shell with a great professional fit out, hand-built kitchen etc etc.

I'm not sure if we could afford a wide-beam with a similarly well built shell and a comparable quality fit out.

The guys who operate the booze cruise out of the sheffield canal basin are selling their old boat - broad beam with bay window at front, generally windows everywhere. It'd make a stunning liveaboard with enough time spent but needs a total fit-out and exterior rennovation, but they've got it on at just under £30,000, so not cheap. Maybe worth bartering?

In fact come to think about it, Someone needs to buy the Caldbeck - a lovely broad beam liveaboard at Tinsley in a rotten state of neglect, now in custody of BW due - I think - to it's previous owner dying.

Travis -

Please don't take this the wrong way but you need to get some pictures of that really nice interior on 'the duck'. I've just had a quick look at your ad. (to confirm I can't afford it!) and the sole picture of the exterior is if I'm honest uninspiring.

It's clearly a very nicely built boat with an extremely nice fit out and to my mind you are wasting an opportunity by not showcasing it properly.

Just my two cents worth, Sorry and yes I'll shut up now... :)

Martin, funnily enough it's on todays list of jobs to do.

I have been trying to get the mooring in with the package and have just been informed that I cant. I can now put a proper advert one AD now.

Good luck with the sale it's a really nice boat.....

The guys who operate the booze cruise out of the sheffield canal basin are selling their old boat - broad beam with bay window at front, generally windows everywhere. It'd make a stunning liveaboard with enough time spent but needs a total fit-out and exterior rennovation, but they've got it on at just under £30,000, so not cheap. Maybe worth bartering?

In fact come to think about it, Someone needs to buy the Caldbeck - a lovely broad beam liveaboard at Tinsley in a rotten state of neglect, now in custody of BW due - I think - to it's previous owner dying.

Booze Cruise-I'm sure the trip boat operator would be glad with that name, get it right Pike and that's the Waddington yard at Waddington lock, Victor used to be one of the biggest operators on the canal network once, even named the lock after him. Booze boat as you call it is the "A39" that was a coal carrier to Wigan, built around 1933 and features in "Colours of the cut"

We have been looking (just on t'internet a the mo) I can't deny that.

The problem is we haven't spotted one that would tick enough boxes to justify selling our current boat.

No disrespect to any one but lots seem to be Liverpool/Collingwood shells with owner fit. Our current boat is a Colecraft shell with a great professional fit out, hand-built kitchen etc etc.

I'm not sure if we could afford a wide-beam with a similarly well built shell and a comparable quality fit out.

Hi Martin

As you know I went wide only last year and at the time owned a boat with a fab fit out and shell. I too looked at the mass widebeam builder and was somewhat uninspired by the shells which to me is the important bit then I found the one I bought from an enginnering yard in Hartlepool with a hull spec of 12/8 which is great. The interior however is nowhere near my old Hudson but I dont care a jot, been there, done that so to speak and my present boat is far more homely and comfy remembering of course mine was bought again as a liveaboard. Go on you know you want to......... :D

Tim, correct. P+A.

Ahh thought so. Nice boat I think PJ's parents is a P and A ? :cheers:

Travis is now on a full advert on Apolloduck. Cant do linkythings.

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/advert.phtml?id=244638

looking at Shamrock for £139,000 and 80' by 15' looked like a bargain, but does the price reflect the cruising restrictions with the size? it's on it's way to Henley when I spoke to the owners.

Edited by TTtrad

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/advert.phtml?id=244638

looking at Shamrock for £139,000 and 80' by 15' looked like a bargain, but does the price reflect the cruising restrictions with the size? it's on it's way to Henley when I spoke to the owners.

You are right it was a fantastic lot of boat for less than the price of a poxy house. The trouble with it was the size, its cruising range from Pollington where it moored was seriously curtailed. However for someone who wanted a large and moveable liveaboard it is a great boat.

Tim

Booze Cruise-I'm sure the trip boat operator would be glad with that name, get it right Pike and that's the Waddington yard at Waddington lock, Victor used to be one of the biggest operators on the canal network once, even named the lock after him. Booze boat as you call it is the "A39" that was a coal carrier to Wigan, built around 1933 and features in "Colours of the cut"

I do't mean the term 'booze cruise' disrespectfully, it's just the only way i could think to describe it at that moment - 'leisure cruise' seems to bring to mind a norman 20' or something, not a huge widebeam. Maybe party cruiser? Or is that just as bad?