Best 24v Fridge

DHutch

Featured Posts

yeah, well when ever where hooked up to the grid our fridge uses the 240v, next time in there i'll mesure how much juice its drawing, if anyone else can do that same with a std domestic fridge of the same size.

- the idea with the mini pelter fridge was that quite often all we have in our fridge is two pints of milk and a can of beer, and a few bits of chease for lunch, sometime less (ie just the milk)

dnaiel

I have bought two seporate units fridge uses 100w with a start up of 900w and freezer 115w start up 920 w but they are A rated insulation wise and should only run for a few hrs a day unless i keep opening the door then it is a unknown thing i have worked on 8 hr a day.that will give for fridge about 36 AH requirement and 42 for freezer

Hi Daniel

240v units from comet @ £180 each, 100w @230v through a inverter allowing 10% will use about 36 AH of battery per day but that is on a 24v system and i think i read someware you are on 24v as well.

A 24v or 12v fridge will be £600+ unless you get one of the multi thingies but then i think it will run 24/7 using more in the long run.

On a domestic A rater unit the insolation will be better, so run less, well that is my theroy, anyway and it's the way everyones best mate C Sterling told me to go

• 4 weeks later...

Was at the boat show yesterday and saw the Shoreline RR14, see

http://www.boatfridge.com/small_fridges.htm

It has the new improved Danfoss compressor, lots of insulation, and they claim only 12Ah per day. It's only £350 at show price, just ring and say that you saw it at the show.

However I'm now looking at mains alternatives, just to be sure,

Phil

The Peltier-effect boxes take a long time to get anything cold. OK to keep stuff cool if it is already cold, but I wouldn't consider one as a substitute for a fridge.

No, that was never the plan, we would have it aswell as the fridge, for went we where only on for a few days, and only had with us half a pint of milk, and lump of cheese, hence not really enought to run the fridge for.

also, while i was at the boat today i took a breif look at the fridge, which turn out to be an "engel" - but i dont know the model or info on it, and was wondering if anyone has heard anythink about these or know what it like?

engel.jpg

daniel