Springer Shower

Featured Posts

Hello just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how i can fit a shower into my springer toilet room, not a lot of space but with the v bottom most of what i have is sloping with about 6 inch streight at the bottom to play with, if i level the floor off im losing hight and struggle to stand up .

I have a v-bottomed yacht and the shower in that has a slatted wooden floor with a stainless tray underneath shaped to fit the 'V' so that the drain is at the bottom. Works a treat.

In some ways better than the flat conventional shower tray in my narrow boat where you are standing in an inch or so of water.

I've done it like this.

I have a lowish shower tray,above this is a hinged square plywood floor hinged to the side panel and hinges down flat onto the shower tray with my cassette bog sitting on top.

When i want a shower i lift the toilet out into the corridor,lift up the hinged floor which has strong Velcro on the top corners which correspond with their mates on the side panel so as to hold it up vertically out of the way and expose the shower tray.This performance takes 30 secs and its ready for a shower.

I usually save up my showers so as to correspond with the April ones.

I have a v-bottomed yacht and the shower in that has a slatted wooden floor with a stainless tray underneath shaped to fit the 'V' so that the drain is at the bottom. Works a treat.

In some ways better than the flat conventional shower tray in my narrow boat where you are standing in an inch or so of water.

Do you have any photos, as I am about to do the same on my v-bottomed narrowboat?

Peace, Love and Laughter Captain Reg XXX

I've done it like this.

I have a lowish shower tray,above this is a hinged square plywood floor hinged to the side panel and hinges down flat onto the shower tray with my cassette bog sitting on top.

When i want a shower i lift the toilet out into the corridor,lift up the hinged floor which has strong Velcro on the top corners which correspond with their mates on the side panel so as to hold it up vertically out of the way and expose the shower tray.This performance takes 30 secs and its ready for a shower.

I usually save up my showers so as to correspond with the April ones.

This is almost the same set up as my shower on my Springer V narrowboat.

Do you have any photos, as I am about to do the same on my v-bottomed narrowboat?

'fraid not Laughing Captain, the boat's in France.

The slatted floor is in place of what would be the solid floor and then a tray is made to fit underneath into the void. There's no particular reason why this is only applicable to 'V' bottomed boats but the shape of the tray in the bilge, sloping toward the keel means that the outlet is naturally at the lowest point. you would still need sufficient flat floor to stand on.

eta: maybe I should add that the bathroom is a wet room rather than a cubicle.

Edited by Chris Pink

'fraid not Laughing Captain, the boat's in France.

The slatted floor is in place of what would be the solid floor and then a tray is made to fit underneath into the void. There's no particular reason why this is only applicable to 'V' bottomed boats but the shape of the tray in the bilge, sloping toward the keel means that the outlet is naturally at the lowest point. you would still need sufficient flat floor to stand on.

eta: maybe I should add that the bathroom is a wet room rather than a cubicle.

Many thx Chris, I was looking at making it a 'wet room'.

I am thinking of connecting my shower up to the Morco D-61B water heater?

What make of shower did you use on your boat?