Single female liveaboard

Featured Posts

No.. not ridiculous at all.. I thought that.. had never been on a boat.. then just got some bravery from somewhere and did it.. then, asked questions "um... er... how does this work, um what is?... um... how do I ??

Go for it!! It is not a quarter as scary as you might imagine and there is always someone to help..

Do it.. you could not regret it.. Kate x

.. lol.. lots of them.. to everyone.

You will never regret it..

and as for fear... well yes.. at first.. then you relax and you realise that fear is mostly in your head.. do it.. you will never regret it.. even if it is temporary, it is an experience that you will be lucky to have. x

Thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback...serious research and planning is the order of the day/s to come! x

Er . . . Mayalld is actually a well informed, articulate, outspoken and knowledgeable individual whom regularly upsets those whom don't agree with him, often because his arguments are logical and persuasive. He doesn't tolerate lead-swingers, constant moorers and liars.

Here Here.....

hiya :) i've recently joined this site (and found it really useful so far) having just done what you are planning ...... except I had no experience of boats or canals ..... been living aboard for 2 months now, still on the marina where the boat was when I bought her but have had few trips out (after the thaw :rolleyes: ) with lovely helpful marina neighbours and the guy I bought the boat off .... had loads of positive support from other boaters ...... just do it :D :D and if it doesn't work out, do something else :lol:

good luck

hiya :) i've recently joined this site (and found it really useful so far) having just done what you are planning ...... except I had no experience of boats or canals ..... been living aboard for 2 months now, still on the marina where the boat was when I bought her but have had few trips out (after the thaw :rolleyes: ) with lovely helpful marina neighbours and the guy I bought the boat off .... had loads of positive support from other boaters ...... just do it :D :D and if it doesn't work out, do something else :lol:

good luck

Hey thanks for that. I've decided I'm definitely going to do it and, like you say, if it doesn't work out, I'll sell up and do something else.....at least I won't die wondering!

Er . . . Mayalld is actually a well informed, articulate, outspoken and knowledgeable individual whom regularly upsets those whom don't agree with him, often because his arguments are logical and persuasive. He doesn't tolerate lead-swingers, constant moorers and liars.

Here Here.....

Agreed

When we first had our boat I was working a shift pattern of 4 days on and 4 days off. On my days off we would go to our boat. on the way we would be happy chatty and excited and count down the miles to our destination, on the way back we would sit silently, glum about going bak to reality.

Now that I am not working and we live on our boat we are in a constant state of 'happiness' I am not being corny but you will love it or hate it. we sold our house last May and moved on to our lovely Cape Clear to live...regret??? NOT ONE OUNCE.

go for it and enjoy !!

Very simply just being on a boat is a great life, BUT it's expensive and you have to fund that by working. If you can work on board "at Home" then it's all heavenly BUT some people have to have a workplace with lesser non boaty people, but it has to be done!