Which Stove

Nathan90

Featured Posts

Hello there everyone

I am wondering what multifuel range to install into my narrowboat, We would like to be able to cook, heat water and provide heating from it and we are split between a rayburn range and a steel construction range like the bulgarian prity. Does anyone have any views or experience on these ranges and any advice they could spare. we would need it to be very economical to run.

With the steel ranges I am not sure if you can keep them burning constantly like you do with the rayburn does any one know? I have heard that rayburns are hardwearing from some, but also that cast iron stoves can have probs that steel don't, i.e cracking.

I am also not sure about the huge weight of a rayburn apposed to its steel counterpart. We are having the boat rebottomed so we are already going to have alot of extra weight on her I wondered if a rayburn on top would be too much. This may sound completely rediculous but we are not very experienced so please bare with us!!! :)

If you could spare any of your knowledge it would be greatfully appreciated.

What do you recommend?

Hello. We are installing an Esse Lionhearted in our boat. I am in the process of dismantling it because it is 20 mm too wide to get through the doors of Hunter. I must say, it is an extremely well fabricated piece of kit. It's not cast but made from 5 mm plate and blasted to give it the texture of cast. I can't see it having the problems people have been having with cast stoves, cracking and soforth but we will see. It's not cheap but we hope it will do all it says it will. But at £10 per kilo it had better be. It weighs 360 kilos so it might give you something else to worry about. Good luck anyway. Steve P.