The Witham.....

Tinally

Featured Posts

Friday 3rd February 2012.....until ??

Just had an email advising me that the Witham has frozen over and to ask boaters to refrain from travelling along it until the ice has thawed! First it's the weed, now it's ice. I suppose as soon as it warms up it will be back to the weed problem again!

Edited by Tinally

It's not thick ice down 'our end' and it's in patches, but from what I've heard, Bardney is solid.

It's not the first time it's frozen over this winter, and it doesn't take long to thaw, usually as soon as the sun light hits it, but if you want me to keep you up to date on the river just ask!

PF (cos I forgot to log him out!)

Just had an email advising me that the Witham has frozen over and to ask boaters to refrain from travelling along it until the ice has thawed! First it's the weed, now it's ice. I suppose as soon as it warms up it will be back to the weed problem again!

First time I have seen a stoppage due to ice, I don't think there were any last year with lots more ice about. Maybe someone has complained that passing boats might damage the moored ones as they break through the ice.

Seems odd, is there any special reason why they don't want you to drive through the ice? Why is it just this waterway and not all waterways?

Seems odd, is there any special reason why they don't want you to drive through the ice? Why is it just this waterway and not all waterways?

well creak on the middle levels has a restriction on boat movements during periods when the river freezes. the MLC ask you to refrain from navigating so as not to make lumpy surface for the locals to ice skate on......

Edited by gazza