Vacuflush Cassette System

pearley

Featured Posts

The vacuum pump cycles every minute or so. Having cleaned everything, replaced all the O rings and lubricated all, It still leaks. By a process of elimination I have traced the problem to the non return valve in the pump leaking. This wouldn't be so bad but Leesan have no stock of pump or repair kit. It will have to come from the States.

Is there anyone else on here who has had a similar problem? Is there an 'easy' short term fix? Does the pump anbd valve body come off the doicking station easy?

System is 5 years old but that shouldn't make any difference.

Regards

Pete

Edited by pearley

If its the Sealand vacuflush system Im familiar with, there isn't a non-return valve as such in the pump which is shown below.

t_series_discharge_macerator_pump_full.jpg.jpg

There are duckbill valves located in pairs in the direction of flow on the input & output side of the pump, so you just need four new ones. You should be able to get them here.

If it looks like this, click on image for part numbers.

cvt_spec_diagram.jpg

When re-fitting hoses, warm first with hair dryer, then secure with back to back hose clips offset 180° to each other.

Edited by richardhula

Thanks Richard

It's the cassette system that you've shown below. I've alreadsy got that drawing. Leesan have ordered the 'pump rebuild kit' from the States which thay say will take a couple of weeks. I was just wondering if anyone has taken the pump apart before who might know that a liberal application of silcone grease should improve it. To get to it I shall have to remove the bed which I'm not keen on if it's not going to make a difference.

I guess we shall have to keep turning the pump on and off. Makes me wish I'd fitted the switch in the bathroom rather than beside the bed.

Regards

Pete

Edited by pearley

Yes, the easy short term fix is to switch it off and only switch it on when you need it. You should be switching it off when you leave the boat anyway to protect the motor from burning out in the event of vacuum leaks.

The other place it can leak is from the cap of the casette. If the o-ring has broken don't waste money on a new cap - they're too expensive. Simply remove the broken o-ring, apply a bead of marineflex where the o-ring went, leave it for 24 hours and then screw it back on.

How much was that pump rebuild kit?

Edited by blackrose