GREEDY LANDLORD INCREASES RENT BY 45%

i love my narrowboat

Featured Posts

Car.

It was a great relief to me when MC opened at Preston Brook.

Tim

It was a great relief to my wallet when MC opened at Preston Brook. They soon reduced its width and weight.

Although they receive much critisism on here, Midland Chandlers are well stocked and the staff at Preston Brook were always helpful when we re-fitted our first narrow boat. Also, if you can take advantage of their 'crazy Friday' offers, you can make some considerable savings.

Their advantage over the likes of Aquafax, apart from value, is the fact that everything is priced up and includes the ridiculous 20% vat. At Aquafax in Middlewich, we had to repeatedly ask the assistant what price each item was before committing to purchase. A tiresome and time consuming experience!

Mike

When Aquafax were at Venetian the staff were friendly, helpful and would do a bit of a deal if appropriate. After their move to Middlewich they seemed to go "corporate" and were very rigid in their attitude, largely I think because they fancied themselves as the premier wholesaler. Even when, at a marina, we were buying several thousand pounds worth of stuff a month, they treated us as little people. Didn't enhance my feelings towards them. I now find I can get a better deal at the smaller chandlers where the staff still appreciate what a customer is (i.e. someone who pays their wages).

When Aquafax were at Venetian the staff were friendly, helpful and would do a bit of a deal if appropriate. After their move to Middlewich they seemed to go "corporate" and were very rigid in their attitude, largely I think because they fancied themselves as the premier wholesaler. Even when, at a marina, we were buying several thousand pounds worth of stuff a month, they treated us as little people. Didn't enhance my feelings towards them. I now find I can get a better deal at the smaller chandlers where the staff still appreciate what a customer is (i.e. someone who pays their wages).

That about sums them up Dave!