Aire & Calder Navigation - history

Featured Posts

Sounds really good.

Perhaps I shouldn't mention that it's a quid cheaper on Amazon?! :o

I have a number of books about canals in the area listed here if that's of interest.

Cheers Martin - yes I'd clocked it on Amazon but it was on back order and won't dispatch for 2-4 weeks.

I'll have a look on your link too.

Cheers Martin - yes I'd clocked it on Amazon but it was on back order and won't dispatch for 2-4 weeks.

Really? Oh well - I suppose the extra quid is worth it when you've just got to satisfy that urge!

It's a shame you can't get these sort of books on Kindle as I'm reluctant to buy more physical books when the ones I already have take up far too much space!

Really? Oh well - I suppose the extra quid is worth it when you've just got to satisfy that urge!

It's a shame you can't get these sort of books on Kindle as I'm reluctant to buy more physical books when the ones I already have take up far too much space!

I agree totally. There is a link on Amazon's site which you click on 'To notify the publisher that you would like to see this item published on Kindle' but it's too late when you are buying it now.

Somebody once told me (but I have yet to see any evidence of it) that if a book you have bought on Amazon is subsequently released on Kindle you are entitled to a free Kindle version - as I say never been able to verify that though...

Somebody once told me (but I have yet to see any evidence of it) that if a book you have bought on Amazon is subsequently released on Kindle you are entitled to a free Kindle version - as I say never been able to verify that though...

I have not heard that and Amazon has not told me that. I wish it were true. I could give away all these books that I may want to read again some day if I live long enough. It's a bit like saying if you have bought the hardback version you are entitled to a free paperback version.

Sounds really good.

Perhaps I shouldn't mention that it's a quid cheaper on Amazon?! :o

I have a number of books about canals in the area listed here if that's of interest.

Martin, I think Mike Taylor wrote the Yorkshire Ouse book, I certainly didn't, and you haven't listed my book on L&LC traditional boat painting. :( I still have copies for sale!

Martin, I think Mike Taylor wrote the Yorkshire Ouse book, I certainly didn't, and you haven't listed my book on L&LC traditional boat painting. :( I still have copies for sale!

Sorry about that, Mike - just seeing if you were paying attention!

As Martin said, "too many Martins, Mikes, Clarkes and Taylors..."

Although just one "Clark", luckily!

I have corrected the error now and added the other book, which I had somehow missed previously.