Finally...

Pretty Funked Up

Featured Posts

The iPad2 already plays 1080p and outputs to 1080p HDMI.

Will it accept my 32gb SDcards that have all my .mkv movies?

Or the the that has all my music on it?

or let me use usb sticks to move other files, like windows apps and drivers?

Will it let me do everything i want for free? :lol:

will it do all of that with out me ever having to use that despicably horrible software called itunes?

Also be thinner, faster and have a longer battery life?

;)

Samsung Galaxy tab for me... Why, because it's better than the Ipad (Yikes.. Blue touch paper lit... NOW RUN!!!)... Reasons... 16Gb on board memory - I've fitted an extra 32Gb... this currently has 307 cd's on which I can stream to my surround sound system. Also, I got a SIM only deal from Tesco (staff deal 750 mins, unlimited text and 1Gb data for £10/mth) so it becomes my home phone and broadband in one....

Also.... Yes it is smaller than the Ipad but you can hold it in one hand where you can't with the Ipad....

And finally... I got it when Tesco decided to sell of their stock of them for £149... With staff discount £134 so pretty good deal to me...

As I say, those are my reasons and I know others love the Ipad....

Ianey

The Galaxy Tab is nice, I agree and a handy size with the ipad being a little cumbersome in comparison but I still wouldn't swap. For starters I don't need antivirus software on my apple devices something you Android lovers can only dream about. I have remote access to my PC and can see and drive my windows 7 desktop on my ipad. I can access my NAS server remotely and use its 2Tb storage capacity to watch all my movie or play all my music collection without having to use fiddly SD cards and I can output to a whopping big TV via HDMI.

I havent had a virus on any machine of mine in 5 yrs or more now. Not sure what you mean. I've had remote access to my work PC and NAS for longer than the ipad has been in existence. Data allowance on mobile networks gets in the way a bit though and the speed.

SD cards are so easy and use virtually zero power. When i let someoene else use the boat I just say,

"put the card that says TV on it if you want Downton Abbey etc with no adverts. Put the card that says Films if you want to watch the latest blockbusters and use the one that says Music if you want music."

Class 10 SD cards are brilliant, i love em now :)

32GB card will hold roughly:

4 seasons of a 720p TV show

or

3 1080p movies

or

a ridiculous amount of music.

Of course you could just have 3 SD cards and carry ALL OF IT :)

I know theyre big, heavy and bulky items and all. ;)

Also have 2 usb bus powered HDDs. A 640GB and 1TB that can just plug straight into tablet with out needing to take up any internal space or use the internet to access.

Edited by Pretty Funked Up