Lockgate Stove query

Charlie48

Featured Posts

Hi all

I'm hoping someone can shed light on a problem with my lockgate stove.

I switched my diesel feed off the other day...forgetting my stove was lit...and now it won't light!

I have turned the diesel back on, cleaned the fuel filter on the lockgate regulator. I have also verified that fuel is running into the regulator by switching the stove controls on while the filter cover was off, and I get a steady drip of fuel (speed dependent on where the regulator is set). So that seems fine.

But I still get no fuel into the stove.

I have used the cleaning rod to make sure the fuel inlet on the stove is clear.

I assume there can't be air locks in a gravity fed system with an open outlet on the end...or am I being a numpty assuming that.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Hi. Off topic, thinking about getting a lockgate, how much fuel does it use in an hour? Many thanks.

To give you some idea, mine's a 5.6kw model and consumes between 0.3 litre per hour at the minimum setting and and 1 litre per hour at the maximum setting. In practice, I rarely turn mine full on, unless it's to boost heating the calorifier.

ETA If you're thinking of buying a Refleks/Lockgate, I'd have a look at the Glembring stoves. They are almost identical and have the same oil regulator as the Refleks, but they are considerably cheaper.

Edited by koukouvagia

To give you some idea, mine's a 5.6kw model and consumes between 0.3 litre per hour at the minimum setting and and 1 litre per hour at the maximum setting. In practice, I rarely turn mine full on, unless it's to boost heating the calorifier.

ETA If you're thinking of buying a Refleks/Lockgate, I'd have a look at the Glembring stoves. They are almost identical and have the same oil regulator as the Refleks, but they are considerably cheaper.

I looked at Refleks plus 1 or 2 other drip feed heaters and ended up getting a Glembring from Kuranda. I really great bit of kit, wish I had one on our present boat.

Phil