Maplins Foldaway Camping 12v Satellite Dish

BlueStringPudding

Featured Posts

My Maplins satellite dish blew away in Pitstone! Not a happy bunny. The clamp and reciever etc stayed attached to the boat but the black plastic dish blew away one breezy night never to be seen again. :( It's been fine for three years but decided to abandon me in Pitstone.

I've contacted Maplins and they don't do any spare parts for it. And on Ebay they're going for £30+ and I only paid £50 for the whole ruddy thing. Anyone got a dish they don't want please? I love the fact that it folds away into a little case so ideally to get one the same make that fits the clamp would be great. But any dish is better than none!

Thanks

My Maplins satellite dish blew away in Pitstone! Not a happy bunny. The clamp and reciever etc stayed attached to the boat but the black plastic dish blew away one breezy night never to be seen again. :( It's been fine for three years but decided to abandon me in Pitstone.

I've contacted Maplins and they don't do any spare parts for it. And on Ebay they're going for £30+ and I only paid £50 for the whole ruddy thing. Anyone got a dish they don't want please? I love the fact that it folds away into a little case so ideally to get one the same make that fits the clamp would be great. But any dish is better than none!

Thanks

Fix it permanently with the wall fittings?

ETA Ive got a spare case!

Edited by GeoffS

Hi BSP, we have a Maplins suitcase job. its about 4 years old now and no longer used.

You are welcome to have the dish or anything else you might want from the box.

eta If you can wait till friday we are driving north for a wedding so could drop it off on our way if your around during the morning

Edited by saltysplash
  • Greenie 1

Hi BSP, we have a Maplins suitcase job. its about 4 years old now and no longer used.

You are welcome to have the dish or anything else you might want from the box.

eta If you can wait till friday we are driving north for a wedding so could drop it off on our way if your around during the morning

That would be amazing, thank you! I'm working from home on Friday too. Let me know if you'd like owt for it as I was expecting to pay summit. I'll PM you later

That would be amazing, thank you! I'm working from home on Friday too. Let me know if you'd like owt for it as I was expecting to pay summit. I'll PM you later

No charge, will be happy for you to have it.

We hope to set off about 10am depending on the kids being ready.

Just pm your loc and phone number and ill keep you infmd of how were doing

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Is it any good, as my aerial is playing up. I tried the Aldi one, but with no instructions and nothing actually fitting I couldn't put it together...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pleased to announce that thanks to the lovely Saltysplash and family, I have television once again. :hug: Just in time for all the joyous Christmas televisual nonsense. So far I've watched Wallace and Grommet, some kids dinosaur prorgamme and now Gremlins. It's great!

Edited by BlueStringPudding

I'm pleased to announce that thanks to the lovely Saltysplash and family, I have television once again. :hug: Just in time for all the joyous Christmas televisual nonsense. So far I've watched Wallace and Grommet, some kids dinosaur prorgamme and now Gremlins. It's great!

and I still have double vision thanks to your Elderberry Schnapps :cheers: