12v amplifier

ploddy

Featured Posts

They're supposed to be lovely speakers. The DM4's are super sensitive apparently and the DM1s not to shabby either: http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26669

I'ver just had a look atr your speakers and have a question:

What is the point of having a stereo amp when the speakers are so close together and in the same enclosure?

Edited by AlanH

I'ver just had a look atr your speakers and have a question:

What is the point of having a stereo amp when the speakers are so close together and in the same enclosure?

Both channels have different outputs. You get a slightly different sound if you combine those into one channel and pump it out of one speaker. Two speakers, even if close together give a nicer sound stage. You also get a higher SPL (sound pressure level - volume) with two drivers than one.

That said, I do make mono speakers where I combine both channels into a single speaker.

personally if I had 900 quid I'd find something better to spend it on!

£499 from Bose. Mind you I wouldn't spend that much on a boat system unless I lived aboard. We have two at home - one replacing the bulky system we had in the lounge before and one in the bedroom

Edited by AlanH

£499 from Bose. Mind you I wouldn't spend that much on a boat system unless I lived aboard. We have two at home - one replacing the bulky system we had in the lounge before and one in the bedroom

Again they just disappoint when you want to turn them up. Perfect for an occasional use (like kitchen, conservatory, rear deck whilst cruising etc) no way on this earth would it be my only means to listen to music. It is probably the best portable radio you can buy, but its also way over priced.

If I won one i wouldnt throw it away, would I buy one? no.

I run BOSE on the boat though. Space is a premium and the pseudo surround makes the sound stage seem much bigger than actually achievable on a nb.

Personally, if I was to install a system I'd use the Bose acoustic wave system.

Personally, if I was to install a system I'd install something that had a least a semblance of audio quality to it rather than a confusing jumble of incoherent mid range.

However, it's your money, so spend it on what you like.

Tony