Do you have bird on your boat ?

stormforce

Featured Posts

Hello again was wondering does anybody keep canaries on their boat ? Was thinking about getting a pair but boat gets really hot with stove and there can be fumes when filling up with coal and taking ashes out.

Did think of in cratch but that might be too cold and don,t want them to freeze their bits off :blush:

Stormforce

Hello again was wondering does anybody keep canaries on their boat ? Was thinking about getting a pair but boat gets really hot with stove and there can be fumes when filling up with coal and taking ashes out.

Did think of in cratch but that might be too cold and don,t want them to freeze their bits off :blush:

Stormforce

I'd be a bit worried about 'fumes' too. Theyre well know for their croaking ability to even small amounts of the 'wrong' air. But I have not and know of no-one who keeps them, so cant give an informed opinion. Most likely someone on here does keep them. Never stops impressing me the variety of things people get up to :)

One of our friends lost a large cage bird when it got wet by being on the foredeck going up the Wigan flight. In Burnley we rescued a squeaker young pigeon by putting it in a low oven overnight after it had fallen in the cut. Also a bat which fell in the water after roosting on the side of the barge in Leeds in the end put it on a hot water bottle on the roof till it recovered