Roses & Castles Stoke Bruerne

Terence

Featured Posts

Hi everyone,

Due to the huge success of the 'Roses & Castles' course at 'Stoke Bruern Canal Museum' (apologies to those we had to turn away due to space) they have asked me for dates for four courses next year 2012 as opposed to the usual two courses. The dates are as follows,

May 5th/6th and 19th/20th

Sep 8th/9th and 22nd/23rd

to book a place simply contact the Museum. If you need any more help just drop me a line. I'm mentioning it now as some thought it could make a nice Christmas gift.

Here's a few pic's of the last course.

Rosesandcastlescourse1.jpg

Rosesandcastlescourse2.jpg

Rosesandcastlescourse3.jpg

On another subject, we are selling our house in Braunston by the Oxford. I'll post it on the forsale section soon.

Cheers,

Terence :)

For some time now I've been posting the Roses & Castles courses in the General Boating of the forum. When tonight I have just come across the 'Links Directory' which is where I think it should really go. I've been on this forum for a while now and it's the first time I've seen this section.

I have re-listed the course with a little more info in the Directory but it doesn't seem to be showing as of yet, I can only assume it has to be vetted by the moderators?

Sorry if I've been a bit of an ass, as Painting courses are not what you would call 'General Boating'.

Terence :unsure:

if anybody is thinking about booking themselves onto this course, I can only say this - stop thinking and get booking!

How do I know? If you look closely, you can see me on the first picture on this thread - I attended the last course and I can honestly say I was impressed - fun, informative and very useful. Terence's style of teaching is perfect for the subject.

Along with a number of people on the course, I was slightly sceptical about learning to paint roses properly when I registered, and was terrified when I was told that I'd need to do a castle too! Every single one of us came away with a painted board to be proud of. The most terrifying part was having to paint a red line freehand around the castle scene at the very end, the risk to all of my fine work was almost too much to bear.

Since the course, I've painted a few bits and pieces, most usefully the tiller-pin rack I made for Pinmill before our cruise last week, not only functional, but now - thanks to Terence - decorative too!

Give it a go people, if I can do it, anybody can!