Cancelled - Bosley Lock 4th Jan - 9th Mar 2012

NB Alton

Featured Posts

We've been trying to confirm our winter delivery schedule and yesterday we phoned our local BW office to check if it was possible to get a passage through the Bosley Locks stoppage. The first answer was no, the stoppage was for 10 weeks and no passage during that time would be possible. However we pushed the matter and insisted on talking to someone who undertood the work being carried out. We asked if the stoppage was for grouting of lock 6 then why did this take over 9 weeks and surely a passage would be available at some time. Well the answer was "I've no idea why it would take so long, I'll investigate and get back to you". This resulted in a call this morning to inform us the stoppage was cancelled and an update appearing on waterscape soon after confirming it. Result, but it does make you wonder how many other stoppages are not actually hapening?

I've been looking closely at the route from South to North over the next couple of months... I didn't get as far as checking the BCN as the other routes further north would stop me getting the boat up anyway.

After what you've just said Brian, I think it's worth a few phone calls to BW to enquire. Who was it you spoke to?

Cheers

After what you've just said Brian, I think it's worth a few phone calls to BW to enquire. Who was it you spoke to?

Cheers

Hi Liam, sorry I started to reply earlier today, then got called away & forgot all about it.

We phoned the local waterways office and asked to speak to the Engineer, Supervisor or Team Leader for that area. In the end we spoke to the Team Leader for that section and he followed it up. Previously for say the northern T&M, we have spoken to Jim Taylor or Graham Lea, but each area office should be able to put you in touch with the relevant person if you explain why you need to talk to someone who understands the actual job.

Good luck!

The Hack Green bridge repair one which was going to be after xmas will now be done over the summer without needing a stoppage

Is that the bridge that's had scaffolding up for years - though not half the years as has the half finished bridge number5 on the Llangollen whose men at work signs faded long ago.