Flexible exhaust pipe

DustyDave

Featured Posts

Does anybody know where I can buy flexible exhaust pipe for a Mikuni heater? Does anybody know what it's made of (stainless steel, aluminium, etc.). I've taken the pipe off (it has a leak in it) so I can measure it later on (when I get home).

Also....where can I buy the heatproof wrap that is put on exhaust/hot pipes? Is there special tape to tie up the ends or would a bit of wire be ok?

Ideally I'd like to buy these items online. I've seen various types of pipe on ebay.

Cheers,

Dave

Does anybody know where I can buy flexible exhaust pipe for a Mikuni heater? Does anybody know what it's made of (stainless steel, aluminium, etc.). I've taken the pipe off (it has a leak in it) so I can measure it later on (when I get home).

Also....where can I buy the heatproof wrap that is put on exhaust/hot pipes? Is there special tape to tie up the ends or would a bit of wire be ok?

Ideally I'd like to buy these items online. I've seen various types of pipe on ebay.

Cheers,

Dave

It is certainly stainless (and gets very hot). I have never tried buying it.

Similarly, I have never tried looking for the natty heat-resistant "tubular bandage" that Eberspacher supplies - but you could use straightfoward exhaust lagging. the ends can be secured quite neatly with jubilee clips.

Sorry not to be able to be of more help (but 2 out of 4 can't be that bad, can it?).

Chris G

Cheers,

Dave

Mikuni will supply it they are great and will post it same day you can ring them direct on 02380528777. The wrap can be bought from most chandlers and yes wire will do but I think mikuni will send you that at the same time. :D

Tim

Edited by mrsmelly