Where is this?

churchward

Featured Posts

Here is another shot from my reject bin that I am trying to work out where it is. It is from June 1982 and somewhere in Brum. It could easily be the view looking back the other way from the last shots at Warwick Bar but I don't think so. Sorry for the washed out sky etc but I tweaked levels etc to get the most details of the buildings and other things.

brum1.jpg

By churchward at 2011-08-20

Any ideas?

Look like you're standing on an aquaduct, could it be over the Rea?

Yes I think you are right. Initially I didn't think so but looking at and comparing with this pic of the Rea and aqueduct the buildings are like those on the left.

brum2.jpg

By churchward at 2011-08-18

Edited by churchward

More particularly, in the first picture in this thread, look at the tall wall in the left mid-ground. Note the repaired section at the top LH corner of that wall, and the white 'bit' sticking up at an angle part way along that repaired section.

Now look at the 2nd picture in this thread. At the left hand end of the aquaduct you can see a repaired section of wall, and the white concrete post that forms part of the fence to the left of the repaired wall.

The angled top of the fence post, and the repaired brick wall, will provide the view seen in the first picture.

HTH