Whatever happened to straight forward.

Blokey

Featured Posts

Well we thought (perhaps naively so) that we would be up and running by now. We followed experienced advice to look round the midlands for our first narrowboat and so we did and eventually after looking at everything from a Dudley Sampan to a Bromsgrove corvette we finally found a boat in our price range that we liked.

We had a completion date on a financial transaction for the 3rd of this month wich would allow us to pay cash for our boat without going into debt and so deposit handed over until that date we laid our money down and waited.

First off we made the mistake of leaning on a solicitors word. Completion date is now well past and at the time of writing it is the 26th and still we have this solicitor dragging his feet. Had it not been for the patience and understanding of Ashley and Lorretta at Hanbury Wharfe we would have lost our deposit and our boat 10 times over. Many thanks to them.

It was during their company survey that our boat was found to have trouble with its bottom. (Poor little beggar, there is nothing quite so sad as a narrowboat with haemmoroids) in as much as it needed one. I had a phone call from Lorretta telling me of good news and bad news. The bad news is that we have changed your boats name to the Titanic and the good news is that you will have a new bottom sides and stern fitted before you get it and not once have they quibbled the price.

She will have a brand new bum and a 4 years cert when we get her. BUT GOD dont it ever ang on???????

Still summer is coming and with a bit of luck as it passes and the leaves start to fall this arse of a solicitor will do something other than play golf, smoke cigars and get off his fat arse and keep his word. Wherupon we will be in nice time to check out our wood burning stove just before Christmas. Fingers massively crossed.

Ive been browsing the forum without success to place photos. :lol::wacko: bit of a pc numpty.

I think most of us use photobucket! It's a web image-hosting service. Try this link, register and follow the 'follow-me' instructions; remember to reduce the size if they're large bitmaps or jpgs (I try 75% or 50% for best results). You can then place an image in your posting by clicking on the image button and entering the url. Supermalc and Daniel are the all-time experts on this though and I expect they know how to refine those instructions.

Good luck with the completion process - it can be a complete mare for lots of complicated reasons so you're not alone.

Jill

edited to make the link work!

Edited by wrigglefingers

I think most of us use photobucket! It's a web image-hosting service.

I use imageshack.

- You just select the file you want, and hit "host"

- Then if gives you a link to copy/paste into the message (you want "forum hot-link 1" ir whatever)

- Only catch is the image must be under 1mb (1024kb) so you might need to resize it a little first.

Daniel

We really couldnt possibly have asked for more support than we are recieving from Lorretta and Ashley.

If the worst case scenario happens and this "suit" loses our boat through his broken promises, failed deadlines and dilly dallying then as soon as it is finalised we will still go back to them for another boat.