SAHARA DESERT

bizzard

Featured Posts

In the middle of the Sahara desert under the blazing sun,there is a big lake,''Lake Chad''.Now before the no all's start on at me,yer know like ''wrap up we already know all that'',this account of it, is for the folk who don't know.

Drifting about on Lake Chad.''View Lake Chad on Google Earth''the the pics are a bit fuzzy;must be the heathaze,are islands of sort of rotting vegitation,rushes branches, weed and stuff,on which a great many of the local natives live,some with their livestock,cattle ect. Fishing,livestock and milk ect.and building sand castles on the bank, are their main occupations,all under a blazing sun.

A great place to set up my Turkish bath,wouldn;t need a fire of sticks under it.They just drift about in the fickle variable breeze,never really knowing where they are, when waking in the morning, in their huts of reeds,rushes and mud,quite disorientating don't you think.

Some natives on the smaller islands can pole em about so have a bit of control over their whereabouts.

I wondered if any of them are online and are members of this forum,although during the short time i've been a member''not junior anymore'' have never spotted a post from the Sahara desert. B)

In the middle of the Sahara desert under the blazing sun,there is a big lake,''Lake Chad''.Now before the no all's start on at me,yer know like ''wrap up we already know all that'',this account of it, is for the folk who don't know.

Drifting about on Lake Chad.''View Lake Chad on Google Earth''the the pics are a bit fuzzy;must be the heathaze,are islands of sort of rotting vegitation,rushes branches, weed and stuff,on which a great many of the local natives live,some with their livestock,cattle ect. Fishing,livestock and milk ect.and building sand castles on the bank, are their main occupations,all under a blazing sun.

A great place to set up my Turkish bath,wouldn;t need a fire of sticks under it.They just drift about in the fickle variable breeze,never really knowing where they are, when waking in the morning, in their huts of reeds,rushes and mud,quite disorientating don't you think.

Some natives on the smaller islands can pole em about so have a bit of control over their whereabouts.

I wondered if any of them are online and are members of this forum,although during the short time i've been a member''not junior anymore'' have never spotted a post from the Sahara desert. B)

what a load of baloney! may I suggest you take this to the pub, where it seems you may have already imbibed a few?

what a load of baloney! may I suggest you take this to the pub, where it seems you may have already imbibed a few?

May I suggest that you stick to the pub forum,i'm t-total. You must be pretty ill read if you've not heard of the Norwegian adventurer Thor Heyerdahl of Kon Tiki fame''.READ his book Ra 11''. ,that visited Lake Chad to investigate the building of Papyrus reed boats,which these natives use to visit other floating homes and to get ashore when becalmed.

Indignantly bizzard :angry:

You can have a great picnic in the Sahara Desert....

... because of all the sand which is there

Good one,must be like eating a Sugar butty,pun.

Regards bizzard.

Dare I suggest that they might co exist?

Quite possibly,Thor's account of these folk,from which i discovered them, was many years ago so they may have moved on slightly with the times.

regards bizzard

Quite possibly,Thor's account of these folk,from which i discovered them, was many years ago so they may have moved on slightly with the times.

regards bizzard

The Marsh Arabs of Iraq,is also an interesting read,they live or lived similally but on terra-firma. But i believe Sadam Hussein drove most of them out,thus probably ending another fascinating way of life. bizzard