TO DRIFT OR NOT ADRIFT

bizzard

Featured Posts

I think Titty is short for Letitia, which is less...anatomical.

But more Great-Aunt-ish these days, to keep the S&A theme.

I find the whole exact details is part of what makes them good - how things work & how they live & so on, and then the imagination coming in over the top. Having only come to them as an adult, they are much much better than Blyton & I wish Id had them as a child. There were rumours somewhere about a new BBC-type (not sure if it was them or another tv thingy) series base on them.

I couldn't agree more Blyton was an also ran compared with Ransome.

An awful lot of folk on here, badly need to read them,and learn how to handle their boats and ropes ect,as he explains all this in a precise and simple manner,amid the story line.

Try and get Recundra's first cruise.Very descriptive and entertaining.

I couldn't agree more Blyton was an also ran compared with Ransome.

An awful lot of folk on here, badly need to read them,and learn how to handle their boats and ropes ect,as he explains all this in a precise and simple manner,amid the story line.

Try and get Recundra's first cruise.Very descriptive and entertaining.

Indeed, you can learn a lot of skills from novels, I for one learnt the best tricks to killing rabbits from watership down

I also learnt all there is to know about British naval history in the second world war from Douglas reeman books :)

Indeed, you can learn a lot of skills from novels, I for one learnt the best tricks to killing rabbits from watership down

I also learnt all there is to know about British naval history in the second world war from Douglas reeman books :)

Yes,great stuff,aren't they.Also Capt Bolitho,Hornblower ect. bizzard

Have just checked E-bay and Amazon.Their sales of Swallows and Amazons has suddenly rocketed.''wonder why''A good place to start though.Also a humorous read is Michael Greens ''The art of course sailing''. bizzard :cheers: