Worsley Sanitary Satation

pearley

Featured Posts

When I was at Burscough a month ago I heard a rumour that Worsley S/Stn had been vandalised. I haven't seen anything on here but am now moored outside and the door is boarded over with a sign stating 'closed'.

I've just checked over my stoppage emails for the Bridgewater and have come across this one from Mike Webb...

Temporary closure of the Bridgewater Canal Towpath between Monton and the M60 Bridge at Worsley

Notice is hereby given that due to works to construct Bridgewater Way along the Bridgewater Canal towpath between Monton and M60 Bridge at Worsley the Bridgewater Canal towpath will be temporarily closed in sections to pedestrians with effect from the 14th March 2011 to 17th June 2011 between the following points. Suggested alternative pedestrian diversion route attached:-

Please note that during periods of construction works pleasure craft will not be permitted to moor along the canal towpath between Monton and M60 Bridge at Worsley.

Navigation of the canal by pleasure craft is unaffected.

Please note the sanitary station at Worsley may not be available at all times during the works, please use the facilities at Bridgewater Marina Boothstown. (Please read in conjunction with our Notice Number 3 issued on the 9th March 2011).

The Company apologizes for the short term inconvenience to our customers and the public caused as a result of these improvement works.

The Bridgewater Canal Company Limited

Peel Dome

The Trafford Centre

Manchester

M17 8PL

Date 9th March 2011

Thinking about it, I possibly remember hearing that due to the repeated vandalism on the toilet block in worsley, it had been shut it not being opened in the future. I could have heard wrong though, or it could be about another facilities block.

Give Mike Webb a call on 0161 6298266.

Liam.