Stoke on Trent

jeddlad

Featured Posts

Does any one know of a safe-ish place to park my car near Stoke on Trent for 4-6 days?

Next week I'll be going up the T&M and then going onto the Caldon for a week. My Mum and Dad are planning on joining me for a week and we need somewhere to leave the car. It's a 7 year old Toyota Corolla, nothing flash but I don't want to come back to a burnt out wreck.

Was hoping to find somewhere to park near Barlaston and the Wedgwood museum.

Thanks

Thanks

The pub canal-side at Barlaston may be agreeable but I don't know how safe it is. You could ask the museum if you can use a space. If not, they may know somewhere locally. Or try Black Prince at Festival Park. The worst they can say is no!

Does any one know of a safe-ish place to park my car near Stoke on Trent for 4-6 days?

Next week I'll be going up the T&M and then going onto the Caldon for a week. My Mum and Dad are planning on joining me for a week and we need somewhere to leave the car. It's a 7 year old Toyota Corolla, nothing flash but I don't want to come back to a burnt out wreck.

Thanks

Just make sure you don't have a Man City sticker in the back window and you should be ok.

Just make sure you don't have a Man City sticker in the back window and you should be ok.

Thanks for that I was going to watch it later... :rolleyes:

hiya jeddlad

Hope the link below might help

My link

Often viewed the Park at my house.com site - but never found anything in the area that I needed. Hope this helps.

PS I've no connection with the Park at my house web-site and live a long way from Stoke on Trent - so not a recommendation - just a pointer for you.

hiya jeddlad

Hope the link below might help

My link

Often viewed the Park at my house.com site - but never found anything in the area that I needed. Hope this helps.

PS I've no connection with the Park at my house web-site and live a long way from Stoke on Trent - so not a recommendation - just a pointer for you.

What a brilliant idea. I'm sure forumites will find this very useful. thanks for posting.

Edited by Peter Reed

Thanks for that I was going to watch it later... :rolleyes:

Ouch..... However when I want to save a sports result to watch a game later I always rememain totally incommunicado, and certainly don't read forums.

The pub at Barlaston is Ok. More people about there, so it's a bit to obvious if anyone wanted to try to break in. Otherwise there's Old Road Bridge, No. 104, just north of Barlaston, where there's a parking area, just on the west side of the bridge.

I went to University there. It's not Beirut. Anywhere in Trentham should be OK.

Funnily enough I went to Uni there too (Staffs, rather than Keele).

I'd go for the opposite theory, though. Park your car in amongst the terraced houses somewhere. Your car is modest enough that it won't stick out like a sore thumb, particularly if you leave it looking a bit grubby.

The kids that steal cars generally get them from the richer neighbourhoods. They don't steal or damage things from their own doorstep. I used to live by the old footy ground and very occasionally there'd be a burning car on the waste ground out the back, but none of the vehicles in our street were ever broken into or taken. Indeed one of our housemates had a entrenprenurial friend who bought, did up and sold old houses, and he drove an E-type Jag, but they left it alone.

Thanks for all the advice.

I have now booked 10 days parking on a private driveway, 1 mile from the canal for 30 quid through the parkatmyhouse.com website.

It's worth every penny if I don't have to hear my Dad whittling and worrying about his car for 10 days!