The Engine Room

Featured Posts

Aluminium checker plate could work, its quite cheap and can be cut to the size you want. It is pretty thin so I would suggest its used over a ply board to give it rigidity

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aluminium-tread-plate-chequer-1300mm-x-580mm-x-2mm-/260749724116?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item3cb5e509d4

Charles

The problem with flooring in an engine space is that it can hide any water leaks or spills underneath which could allow corrosion to take place uninhibited if it goes unchecked. Also, being able to see under the engine gives an instant visual indication of leaks. For these reasons I prefer just to paint the baseplate and keep it clean and dry. I know that some designs of trad boat require floorboards or plates to walk through, but if not then I think it's better not to have any flooring at all.

The problem with flooring in an engine space is that it can hide any water leaks or spills underneath which could allow corrosion to take place uninhibited if it goes unchecked. Also, being able to see under the engine gives an instant visual indication of leaks.

I agree, I have a floor in the engine room but I can still see the base plate under the engine.

Gary