How to build a narrowboat for Maffi!

Featured Posts

Just finished the latest site update, quite a few new pictures and new gallery's for the segments of the build now taking place.

You can have a look HERE

Just about everything on the list is here now so the final fitting is getting underway now.

So its full steam ahead now Gary , all hands on deck, well all hands below deck for the fitting out .

How long befor we see the end product and get her in the water not that i want you to rush to the finnish line, but just a guess rough est. Keep up the good work. :P:D

Sorry for the short notice but we have had no Internet for two days.

But Maffi's boat is about to go on the water the cameras are on it now HERE

Short is not the word that comes to mine, forward planning is, you just dont say oh well lets put a couple of boats on the water too day. We have all been waiting for the Launch, only to wake up this morning to see that we have missed one of the most important parts in a new boats live. the splicing of the mainbrace.

Gary how could you not give us more notice to one of the most important occasions in the live of maffi 's boat . That said, i had to vent my spleen as i was so disappointed to have missed the launch nuff said at least we now know it floats . :help: Maffi you now have a boat . B):help:B) hip hip hip hurray hic hic hic

Sorry for the short notice but we have had no Internet for two days.

But Maffi's boat is about to go on the water the cameras are on it now HERE

There you go always one for the under statement. Thanks! I missed it

Edited by Maffi

It was actually real time when the internet got sorted it was going in, but I did take some photos too. :help:

Then you are excused.

Sorry maffi, i shouldnt!

Daniel

Why change the habits of a life time ......................however short that may be! B)

Edited by Maffi

Short is not the word that comes to mine, forward planning is, you just dont say oh well lets put a couple of boats on the water too day. We have all been waiting for the Launch, only to wake up this morning to see that we have missed one of the most important parts in a new boats live. the splicing of the mainbrace.

Gary how could you not give us more notice to one of the most important occasions in the live of maffi 's boat .

Not your place Bro!!!!

Not your place Bro!!!!

My apologies for my out burst yesterday Gary but I was just so disappointed

at missing the launch after watching all this time once again sorry. :help:

Allan

Maffilaunch.jpg

Well it's on the water and we're now on the seven day week to finish it!

The interior is coming along nicely and most of the mechanical work is complete once the stern fit out is complete the electrical installation will be completed and the heating finished off.

The galleries have been updated again so there are quite a few new pictures to look at HERE

Maffilaunch.jpg

Well it's on the water and we're now on the seven day week to finish it!

The galleries have been updated again so there are quite a few new pictures to look at HERE

Gary, I'm sort of surprised your crane people don't use spreaders to prevent lateral forces. Have you or any one else ever had any problems as a result?

Gary, I'm sort of surprised your crane people don't use spreaders to prevent lateral forces. Have you or any one else ever had any problems as a result?

It would make sense to use them but I have never seen any company use them other than with plastic boats.

We have never had a problem or had any damage done doing it this was but I suppose if it was a very heavy boat it could do.

Nothing wrong with sapeli eather, lol!

You do surprise me Daniel Sapele is a rain forest tree from ancient forests in Africa.

Maybe a project for your course Daniel, calculating the forces on the boat during a lift.

Edited by Maffi

Hi Maffi,

Great to see your "Milly M" finally afloat, we have looked at her each time we went to LB's and watched it's progress with interest. We were impressed by your boat paintwork and we are having our boat painted by the same guy, Stuart.

With Gary's lad's pulling out the stops (7 day / week) to finish your boat, it will not be long before river trials.

Mick & Pauline.

:help:

Hi Maffi,

Great to see your "Milly M" finally afloat, we have looked at her each time we went to LB's and watched it's progress with interest. We were impressed by your boat paintwork and we are having our boat painted by the same guy, Stuart.

With Gary's lad's pulling out the stops (7 day / week) to finish your boat, it will not be long before river trials.

Mick & Pauline.

B)

That will be a shame I will still be stuck here in Hell. :help:

You do surprise me Daniel Sapele is a rain forest tree from ancient forests in Africa.

Maybe a project for your course Daniel, calculating the forces on the boat during a lift.

I remember playing the 18 holes of the Sapele Golf Course, during the rainy season - a series of very wide and deep water hazards, with no guarantees that there were no lurking crocodiles on the fairway. fun :help:

Maffi - she looks lovely!

She certainly did when my wife and I were there on Saturday, and the build quality is as good as we have seen anywhere on our tour of potential builders, something you don't get via photo's or webcam.

Thanks to Kieth and Gary for spending so much time with us two absolute novices. You certainly gave us food for thought. Altho we got to the navigation just too late for lunch ;-(...

Simon.

Well yeah, thats not so great at all.

- But i was talking about it in terms of grade of wood, and garys comment that it was somhow low-grade timber.

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...