Winter casualties

Matthew Dowson

Featured Posts

I met this boat, and its owner at Torksey last year. nice chap who was trundling up to Newark to met his girlfriend.

by all accounts he'd put heaps of work into her, and she was looking lovely. Sunken boats make Fuzzyduck cry.

The Freeman has been raised again and pulled out of the water to have some work done. It has poured engine oil all over the marina so not sure how well its engine is anymore.

NB Moorhen at Torksey has also been refloated and seems to be floating happily on her mooring. Not sure why that one sank. :blink:

• 7 months later...

Morning Mist was bought by Pennine Cruisers and is for sale by them after they had raised her. Ian Clarke said that the connecting pipe to the water tank had fractured, the water dumped into the boats bilge, leaked through the bulkhead into the engine hole, the water then pushed the stern down the vents under the water. After they had pumped it out and left it, the refilled water tank then did the same again - after which they found the cause.

I had a puncture on one of my wheels on my car, but it was only flat at the bottom, maybe the top half was punctured just the bottom half. :help:

Puncture? was it the last fork in the road, just turn the wheel round so the flat bit is on top and you'll be fine.