Iced in and Pump out full...

Dread Fairy

Featured Posts

Thank you all for talking time to get back to me and sharing all your helpful info, managed to get on-line at work today was chuckling to myself through lots of your comments :lol: Glad I've heard about this website, can see it being very useful!

My good ol' dad suprised me wiv a porta potty today and along with all your lovely lavatory ideas think I'll be okay...Luckily I haven't needed to stay on my new home this week, so thankfully not having a loo hasn't been a problem...But I'd invited friends over this weekend and was worrying about the toilet situation - not wanting to send them out in the ice and snow every time they need a tinkle after a drink or few....

Some friends of mine advised me to avoid breaking ice with the boat as it may scuff and scrap the bitumen, not staying as nice for as long.

Is funny people think I'm mad and it must be cold, they just don't understand how hot those fires get...we had to keep opening the windows last weekend lol...Such a nicer and warmer home than my caravan which IS freezing.

Thank you all again for your welcoming and useful tips, think I will be reading up on the other topics regularly, great site!

Laura x

My good ol' dad suprised me wiv a porta potty today and along with all your lovely lavatory ideas think I'll be okay...Luckily I haven't needed to stay on my new home this week, so thankfully not having a loo hasn't been a problem...But I'd invited friends over this weekend and was worrying about the toilet situation - not wanting to send them out in the ice and snow every time they need a tinkle after a drink or few....

Laura x

Put them off until the thaw, they will soon fill your PP

Yep, this is a possibility. We hired a boat some years ago, 4 adults 3 kids.After starting off we all woke up,at 5am because we were listing badly. there was a leak on the valve & the Tank had filled up overnight. We were stuck the wrong side of a stoppage at Fradley for a further night before getting to the pump out!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Laura, hopefully you are close to being able to pump-out now. We were at Cosgrove this weekend and the ice is definitely thinner.

Just out of interest, what's you boat called? Is it Adella Mist by any chance? I've got a sneaking suspicion we may have chatted at Cosgrove lock a few weeks back when you were bringing your new boat home, remember those days? When boats could move? eh?

Richard

Edited by DickBrowne

"Put toilet paper into a separate bag"? Oh dear! As the Americans would say, "Gross"!!!

That's what I do these days (emptying the bathroom bin regularly, I hasten to add!) and the pumpout lasts months now. it's a lot less gross than bailing out a full loo with a saucepan. :sick:;)

Edited by BlueStringPudding