2011 Gold licence

MIKE P

Featured Posts

I enquired of BW enquiries.hq@britishwaterways.co.uk about the cost for my 55 foot n/boat and was advised that if I get it before Christmas it will be £924 or after (VAT rise) it will be £944. It appears that is 2.5% increase +VAT. The info came from Jean Hicks, who has been very helpful.

Dave

I enquired of BW enquiries.hq@britishwaterways.co.uk about the cost for my 55 foot n/boat and was advised that if I get it before Christmas it will be £924 or after (VAT rise) it will be £944. It appears that is 2.5% increase +VAT. The info came from Jean Hicks, who has been very helpful.

Dave

Many thanks Dave

So the only way to get this information is to call them? :unsure:

Gold licences start on January 1st, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect BW to provide wider access to the information online well beforehand.

The EA also seem to be taking a similar approach in not diviluging basic information (so perhaps BW are waiting for prices from the EA?) Typically there are links to everything one can think of except up-to-date prices. Unless I have missed it they only have 2010 prices on thir webpages. http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/boating/31609.aspx

It's the same story every year. This is the 21st century & we're supposed to be in the information age. They need to get with the program!

So the only way to get this information is to call them? :unsure:

Gold licences start on January 1st, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect BW to provide wider access to the information online well beforehand.

The EA also seem to be taking a similar approach in not diviluging basic information (so perhaps BW are waiting for prices from the EA?) Typically there are links to everything one can think of except up-to-date prices. Unless I have missed it they only have 2010 prices on thir webpages. http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/boating/31609.aspx

It's the same story every year. This is the 21st century & we're supposed to be in the information age. They need to get with the program!

Hi,

The Gold Licence info should be up on the site early next week, we are awaiting on some info to come through and then be signed off by various parties. The Customer Service team are very keen to get it out there asap, as there are enquiries coming in, as you rightly point out. I'll try and remember to post the link in here as soon as we get it.

And, yes, I agree on the 21stC point.

Jean is a boater, so she definitely appreciates the importance of your requests.

atb,

Paul