Sliding hatch

Featured Posts

Hi,

On my previous boat we had huge probs with condensation on the bare painted metal surface of the sliding hatch. Now as it slides, anything put on there must be thin.

I solved the last one (partially) by glueing on a chopped down camping carry mat. even then it kept falling off.

Are there any better ways to cut down on the condensation here? Also are there any glues that would be better to use if I did have to do the carrymat method?

Thanks

Frank

This has been covered a number of times so I suggest you look it up. The carry mat is a good suggestion and you could attach it with automotive foam double sided tape (Ebay) which is a couple of MM thick. You could line in pine T&G over that(very cheap from B&Q) or thin ply, you could attach this round the edge with builders adhesive (grab)(not water based) Ideally I would do all this off the boat and clamp the play in place until the adhesive is set

Charles

• Greenie 1

• 3 weeks later...

I use carpet tiles from B & Q.

Had real problems getting them to stick until I used "no nails". They have now been up 2 seasons!

Cheers

:wacko:

Blimey.what's a season ? I thought that was something to do with dogs ?.........