Trip Boat Memory

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Not often do i start a topic.

In the early sixties I was taken on a boat trip from Botany Bay on the L&L near Chorley. This was so that mum could arrange a suprise birthday party for me whilst i was away.

Does anyone know of this boat. It's name piccys or anything else.

This is just for interest.

Martyn

Not often do i start a topic.

In the early sixties I was taken on a boat trip from Botany Bay on the L&L near Chorley. This was so that mum could arrange a suprise birthday party for me whilst i was away.

Does anyone know of this boat. It's name piccys or anything else.

This is just for interest.

Martyn

Boatel Cruises were operating from Botany in the 1980s, I think using the wooden short boat Mary. I don't think the same company/boat was there in the 1960s, but there were often trips offered in the area. The Holidays at Home scheme during the Second WW had boat trips from the top of Wigan Locks to Johnsons Hillock where Whittle Brewery was located, together with pleasure gardens with swings etc. and coal carrying companies on the L&LC often cleaned out a boat in the summer to offer boat trips.

Thank you for your comments. I can remember little of the trip let alone the name of the boat. I was probably 10 years old at the time.

What you say towards the end of your post seems likely.

Hopefully someone else may know something.

Martyn

Edited by Nightwatch1

• 4 weeks later...