TT marine?

Bones

Featured Posts

Tt Marine were still building boats in the late 1990's and I think possibly to this date although I'm not 100% sure. They are often seen for sale via brokerage.

oooh! they are real then. Excellent! Thats a good start.

TT Marine were based in Thorne but went out of business some years ago. Unusally they did not have a canal side business all boats built were double craned to launch them.

The Bensham was built by them and is a solid piece of kit.

Anyone heard of TT marine? A friend said their boat was built by them but I can't find any info on them at all... must have been around in the 80s as thats when it was built.

If you Google on something like

"TT Marine" and "Narrowboat"

you'll find quite a lot on the market....

Lengths are as little as 20 feet, (yes, honestly), through 28, 35, 40, 42, 55 upo to at least 60 feet.

Build dates seem to be mainly 1991 through to 1995 on those for sale.

You could even have a centre cockpit one, if you want something really different...

Link to sale details for NB Pegasus

Personally I'd rather steer from the back with a tiller, than in the middle with a wheel, but someone must have preferred this alternative!...

Edited by alan_fincher

If you Google on something like

"TT Marine" and "Narrowboat"

you'll find quite a lot on the market....

Lengths are as little as 20 feet, (yes, honestly), through 28, 35, 40, 42, 55 upo to at least 60 feet.

Build dates seem to be mainly 1991 through to 1995 on those for sale.

You could even have a centre cockpit one, if you want something really different...

Link to sale details for NB Pegasus

Personally I'd rather steer from the back with a tiller, than in the middle with a wheel, but someone must have preferred this alternative!...

I don't want to buy one!

I don't want to buy one!

Understood - I was just trying to give an idea that there were quite a lot about....

Incidentally, (for anyone looking to buy a second hand boat), the link I posted shows a price about £5,000 less than appears to be on the sign clearly displayed on the boat itself (in the picture).

Brokerages will regularly tell you that they are not in the habit of reducing prices, but in fact some of them do it all the time. I've seen £10,000 come off boats originally priced in the £40K range....

Edited by alan_fincher

Understood - I was just trying to give an idea that there were quite a lot about....

excellent! Its good to know they are still around. Its interesting to hear about the history of a boat builder, more for the record than anything, especially for a boat you know.

• 3 months later...

my old narrowboat bramley was a tt marine, tried to find info out on them to no avail, it was as mentioned above a center steerer to which was actually very different, it had good and bad points

was a 1985 boat iirc

Hi! Our old boat Halcyon was a TT marine boat that had been fitted out by the purchaser. It was a lovely boat and was complete with every scrap of paperwork from when the boat was originally commissioned.

I know the new owners were going to be off cruising for most of the time so if you see a 45ft, cruiser stern, dark blue with red panelled boat around that has 2 oval panels with kingfishers on, give them a yell :blush: I am sure they would love to chat as they were nice people :blush:

Tiffany