What a day...

CJR

Featured Posts

Had a bit of a strange day's cruising on the Shannon-Erne canal today.

We should have seen the signs when hubby put his shirt on inside out (and nobody noticed all day), then had to wait to be rescued out of a lock which broke down (all electronic here), then we had to pull out a young German girl who fell into the river in front of a lock when trying to jump back onto her boat (driven by her Dad who did not even notice she had gone in), then finally the mother of all cock-ups NEARLY happened - hubby nearly hung us on the back cill of a lock! Good job the emergancy stop button works on those control panels!!!! We have travelled these locks so many times, and just a quick laspe in concentration was all it took to have a near disaster.

Needless to say we decided to pull over at the next town (Ballinamore) and have decided not to move till morning! Is Wednesday 4th the new Friday 13th? :lol:

We should have seen the signs when hubby put his shirt on inside out (and nobody noticed all day),

I trust this mistake wasn't rectified when spotted, it's well known doing so will bring on bad luck of gargantuan magnitude.....

I trust this mistake wasn't rectified when spotted, it's well known doing so will bring on bad luck of gargantuan magnitude.....

No - he is still wearing it inside out! It was only spotted after we had moored up this evening. I hate to think what would have happened today if we had spotted his wardrobe malfunction this morning!!! :lol:

Any tips for what he should wear tomorrow to get us back to our home mooring safely?

No - he is still wearing it inside out! It was only spotted after we had moored up this evening. I hate to think what would have happened today if we had spotted his wardrobe malfunction this morning!!! :lol:

Any tips for what he should wear tomorrow to get us back to our home mooring safely?

Sackcloth and ashes :lol:

Stewey

A tee-shirt with the logo of a well-known boatbuilder - - - -

something like 'Careless Cruising' might suffice :lol:

A tee-shirt with the logo of a well-known boatbuilder - - - -

something like 'Careless Cruising' might suffice :lol:

:lol::lol: very good! (I don't know who you could possibly mean! :lol: )

Maybe we could get some printed up to wear at Crick next year!?