Electrolux Travel Power Brushes

RichW

Featured Posts

Hello

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement brush assembly for my Travel Power alternator and the part number?

I have asked Cox Automotive but they do not sell spares.

Thanks

Rich

If you take it to them they'll almost certainly recognise it. Electrolux used a few different alternators over the years but they're all modified standard 12/24 alternators with a standard bursh pack (but no reg). Most (not all) of them use the same brush pack as a Bosche 90 amper.

Hello

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement brush assembly for my Travel Power alternator and the part number?

Thanks

Rich

The number is on the brush gear holder. Mine had a bosch part number on (thats for the 7KW version), which you should be able to source independently I would have thought. I had to send box and genny to Cox's to check out and fix, so had them reconn the genny with new brushes and bearings whilst it was there.

I find it amazing there is so little info on this kit available. If I could have obtained a circuit diagram for the box, i@m sure I could have identified the fault.

The number is on the brush gear holder. Mine had a bosch part number on (thats for the 7KW version), which you should be able to source independently I would have thought. I had to send box and genny to Cox's to check out and fix, so had them reconn the genny with new brushes and bearings whilst it was there.

I find it amazing there is so little info on this kit available. If I could have obtained a circuit diagram for the box, i@m sure I could have identified the fault.

Just had another look at the brush assembly and there is infact a Bosch logo on it but no part number but that's a start.

Circuit diagram and a parts list would sure be handy. Anyone????????????

Rich

Just had another look at the brush assembly and there is infact a Bosch logo on it but no part number but that's a start.

Circuit diagram and a parts list would sure be handy. Anyone????????????

Rich

I cannot help with a Circuit diagram and a parts list, sorry, but could a Bosch dealer not help if you took a few detailed photies of the unit?

Hello

Thanks

Rich

Give this guy a call...Auto Unit Ltd Unit 1, Dunstan Gate, Paxton Rd, Gorse Lane Industrial Estate, Clacton-On-Sea, Essex CO15 4LR.

What he don't know about alternators ain't worth knowing.....Tel: 01255 433363 ask for Ray,and tell him Dave Smith sent you.Good luck !!

I had mine reconned at Cox's.

A chum of mine used to work on generators/ Travelpowers...and I asked him about a circuit diagram.

He said that is is considered too dangerous considering the voltages/ currents etc...to have people fiddling about inside. He also said that the control box and alternator are in very fine 'balance' (hence the reason that Cox's ask for both units) and replacing parts can lead to excessive output voltages etc.,

Replacment of parts...even brushes....means that the unit has done a few years service and should be stripped and recalibrated by someone who knows how to do that...otherwise you can end up with fried washing machines etc.

This was backed up by Cox's who returned my unit completely rebuilt and supplied with a new cable as the old one was showing incorrect resistance readings. I compared the 2 cables on my meter and they are indeed different.

Bob

Edited by Bobbybass

Replacment of parts...even brushes....means that the unit has done a few years service and should be stripped and recalibrated by someone who knows how to do that...

My thoughts exactly - hence my original post.

Tony

The alternator perhaps.

The electronic box has zero adjustment. There is no calibration whatsoever.

You can swap an alternator from one box to another and it works fine. Someone has been telling porkies.

Edited by Gibbo