Problem with writing in 'reply' and 'new topic' windows

Featured Posts

For some reason, nothing has changed other than regular updates from Firefox and Windows, I cannot use the 'reply' function on posts. This also applies to 'new topic'. If I click on the 'reply'/'new topic' window it appears - but the cursor is absent. If I click on the window all that happens is all three buttons representing 'bold' 'italic' & 'underline' become highlighted - but no text can be entered. This message is being written in a window that has been accessed through toggling the HTML source button, top left of the window panel. Help? Derek

For some reason, nothing has changed other than regular updates from Firefox and Windows, I cannot use the 'reply' function on posts. This also applies to 'new topic'. If I click on the 'reply'/'new topic' window it appears - but the cursor is absent. If I click on the window all that happens is all three buttons representing 'bold' 'italic' & 'underline' become highlighted - but no text can be entered. This message is being written in a window that has been accessed through toggling the HTML source button, top left of the window panel. Help? Derek

I'd like to say that I have the same problem but I suspect you wouldn't believe me. :lol:

I believe that it is an incompatibility between Firefox and the rich text editor.

My controls... board settings.... select basic editor instead of rich text and it should work again

I believe that it is an incompatibility between Firefox and the rich text editor.

My controls... board settings.... select basic editor instead of rich text and it should work again

Thanks all, David I believe you may already know this - but you are a genius!

Seriously - that has cured the problem. At least, I am now writing this in the reply window as was normal before that particular update from Windows that was coincidental with the problem occuring.

Many thank - Derek.