Porthole Bung Covers?

Chagall

Featured Posts

dead easy to do:

get a piece of wood and cut to size (allowing for material thickness)(this can be anything suitable as it will be covered)

affix a bolt through it

buy a nice plain cloth to cover the wood and cover your first bit of wood (glue the fabric to it and pleat the edges overleaf

then make a decorative wooden fascia to cover your fabric pleats and attach to first bit finally fixing it with a circular knob screwed onto the bolt.

dead easy to do:

get a piece of wood and cut to size (allowing for material thickness)(this can be anything suitable as it will be covered)

affix a bolt through it

buy a nice plain cloth to cover the wood and cover your first bit of wood (glue the fabric to it and pleat the edges overleaf

then make a decorative wooden fascia to cover your fabric pleats and attach to first bit finally fixing it with a circular knob screwed onto the bolt.

Sounds good, thanks for the information. I already have some foam pieces that wedge in by friction, necessary because I have double glazed portholes and with a top half opening by bolt so I needed squashy foam to scrunch around the bolt. If I hadn't got the foam already then I guess I could shape the board piece so Ill store this information in case covered foam keeps pinging out! There isn't a great deal of depth to the porthole liners.

dead easy to do:

affix a bolt through it

I did this with mine with the addition of a strip of foam draft excluder around the perimeter of the wooden disc before covering with fabric. this allows a bit of give when its put into the porthole liner.