Mascerator toilet 2

Water Woman

Featured Posts

We have a leesan loo and that had a one way flappy valve. if that is misaligned then it may stay partially open allowing what "fluid" is in the ipipe to settle back ( u tube principal)

We put a couple f squirts of lemon juice (bought in a plastics lemon at the super market) round teh bowl and leave overnight or for day - that removes limescale and the build up, also keeps it smelly nice...

I replaced my flexible loo pipes with solvent weld. Any chemicals at all can start flexibles smelling as it breaks down the surface.

I also removed all the 'white' flexibles (short link pieces where solid couldn't be used ...ie to absorb impact from collisions) and replaced with a type of double rubber pipe which was much easier to work with..and is used by Rose Narrowboats on their hire fleet...where hirers shovel all manner of bleach etc down the bog.

I feel confident that the solvent weld can cope with an occasionaly Harpic to remove limescale....and I soaked the flappy valve in neat Harpic for a week to remove limescale....no obvious affect on the rubber of that...or damage/ corrosion from the hinge.

THe ss parts of the macerator should be OK as well. I woudn't 'Harpic' all the time...but once a month should be OK.

Bob

Edited by Bobbybass

I replaced my flexible loo pipes with solvent weld. Any chemicals at all can start flexibles smelling as it breaks down the surface.

I also removed all the 'white' flexibles (short link pieces where solid couldn't be used ...ie to absorb impact from collisions) and replaced witnh a type of double rubber pipe which was much easier to work with..and is used by Rose Narrowboats on their hire fleet...where hirers shovel all manner of bleach etc down the bog.

I feel confident that the solvent weld can cope with an occasionaly Harpic to remove limescale....and I soaked the flappy valve in neat Harpic for a week to remove limescale....no obvious affect on the rubber of that...or damage/ corrosion from the hinge.

THe ss parts of the macerator should be OK as well. I woudn't 'Harpic' all the time...but once a month should be OK.

Bob

Is Harpic bleach based? as LeeSan warn not to use chlorine based cleaners as they can harm some of the fittings in toilets but instead use acid based limescale remover (the kettle type) usually phosphoric or formic acid, you can buy it from LeeSan, we usually use Killrock kettle descaler available from most hardware shops and use it about once a month or so (also handy for keeping the taps etc sparkling)

Edited by nb Innisfree

When our tank if full the loo backs up in the way described here - literally to the brim of the bowl making a journey to the pumpout dude scary in case the boat rocks! In the absence of a warning light or similar I just try to guess how far the boat is listing to pooside to judge how long I have left betwix pumpouts!

This sounds like a return valve problem - or possibly a beather pipe blockage problem, having read the posts here. Firstly where do I find the breather pipe outlet? Secondly how to I unblock it? And thirdly how do I go about fitting a new non-return valve without getting splurged in kack!?

(I already use vinegar and lemon juice to clean the loo but it's never improved the backing up problem when the tank is full - but perhaps it's not effective enough at removing limescale)

When our tank if full the loo backs up in the way described here - literally to the brim of the bowl making a journey to the pumpout dude scary in case the boat rocks! In the absence of a warning light or similar I just try to guess how far the boat is listing to pooside to judge how long I have left betwix pumpouts!

This sounds like a return valve problem - or possibly a beather pipe blockage problem, having read the posts here. Firstly where do I find the breather pipe outlet? Secondly how to I unblock it? And thirdly how do I go about fitting a new non-return valve without getting splurged in kack!?

(I already use vinegar and lemon juice to clean the loo but it's never improved the backing up problem when the tank is full - but perhaps it's not effective enough at removing limescale)

Hi...I mentioned this before..but do think about :

The non-return valve is a rubber sleave with one end attached to the back of the loo and the other end going to a pipe that goes off to the tank.

I initially made the mistake of pushing the solid 'to the tank' pipe ( a 90 degree angle in my case) well and truly home and then putting the jubilee clip on.

This was a mistake as....if you take the valve off and put your fingers inside and feel the flap....you can only push the outlet pipe into it about 3/4 inch before the pipe starts to interfere with the flap. It is possible to get the flap 'hung up' by it getting stuck against the pipe. I put a mark on the outlet pipe so that I could push it home and clamp it up just before it interferes with the flap.

I also put a mark on it to show where the top hinge of the flap is. Again..you must have the hinge at the top...or stuff will get stuck and keep the flap open.

Both of these things have solved problems for me....

Bob