Disabled boating holidays

Chester

Featured Posts

Another post from the Newbie, this one I may need to leave a while to bare any fruit.

Does anyone know of any other company, other than " The Bruce Wake Trust " That hire out adapted boats.The Trust is fantastic and I would highly recommend them to anyone, the limitations come with the fact they are based in one place only, and so therefore the possible routes are limited ( Or at least they are in a 9ft wide boat .) We had our first family Holiday last year and thanks to the Trusts adapted boat we fulfilled a lifetimes ambition that we thought had been lost forever.

Another post from the Newbie, this one I may need to leave a while to bare any fruit.

Does anyone know of any other company, other than " The Bruce Wake Trust " That hire out adapted boats.The Trust is fantastic and I would highly recommend them to anyone, the limitations come with the fact they are based in one place only, and so therefore the possible routes are limited ( Or at least they are in a 9ft wide boat .) We had our first family Holiday last year and thanks to the Trusts adapted boat we fulfilled a lifetimes ambition that we thought had been lost forever.

Seagull Trust Cruises have a residential hire boat based on the Lowland canals in Scotland. http://www.seagulltrust.org.uk/

haggis

Hi Chester

Here's another that could perhaps be of interest - "Canal Boat Project" - Harlow, Essex / River Stort based and depending on the duration of holiday, well placed for London (via River Lee and Regents Canal) through to the Grand Union Canal and beyond......................

Here or Here

HN

Hi Chester

Try the Bruce Trust (not related to Bruce Wake Trust) at Great Bedwyn on the Kennet and Avon.

They have 4 boats in thier fleet, and includes at least one with joystick controls for disabled helmsmen.

Have used them on three occasions.

Steve