which washing machine

Featured Posts

Ive had a candy, they are ok if you can do lots of very small washes. They will not wash a sheet, quilt cover and pillow cases in one go. Two pair of jeans is about the limit. So while they may be ok with water and power you may have to do more washes.

Bridgit

We've just installed a top-loader because a 600 x 600 domestic wouldn't go in.

It is 400 wide x 600 deep by 850 tall.

Its a 5.5kg 240v model which uses 49 litres of water per wash.

Previously owned 3 Candy 1000's which are good but small at 3kg and expensive.

We've just installed a top-loader because a 600 x 600 domestic wouldn't go in.

It is 400 wide x 600 deep by 850 tall.

Its a 5.5kg 240v model which uses 49 litres of water per wash.

Previously owned 3 Candy 1000's which are good but small at 3kg and expensive.

Cobbett has a Miele, .85kW and 40lt consumption, 31 min economy wash. I'll let you know how it works later! The door was specified to accommodate the width of domestic units.

If anyone is looking for an old style Zanussi Studio machine I shall be selling mine at the end of June.

Edited by wrigglefingers

I've asked SWMBO

and she said she'd like a Miele!

This is what we have at the house - although our's is a slightly older version. We bought it nearly ten years ago when Jane was running the village post office and we needed something that was ultra reliable. It certainly has been and still provides excellent service - even with me doing the washing!

At the time that we bought ours it was the most expensive machine available through John Lewis and although, at first, I baulked at the price - we certainly have had our money's worth. As an example, in the preceding ten years we had three similar machines made by Service, Hotpoint and Zanussi all half the price of the Miele but all of them failed dramatically (and expensively) after only two or three years.

Sadly, we cannot install the Miele on Alnwick because it won't fit through the hatches so we are looking for a replacement that will.

Although, we have heard bad news about the small Candy machines, they do seem to make decent machines toward the top of their range - and like the AEG range they are all slightly smaller externally and will fit through our hatches.

Has anyone had any experience with the more expensive Candy or AEG machines?

Edited to add that this is the machine we have been looking at:

Candy GOW 464F White Washer Dryer

Edited by NB Alnwick

This is what we have at the house - although our's is a slightly older version. We bought it nearly ten years ago when Jane was running the village post office and we needed something that was ultra reliable. It certainly has been and still provides excellent service - even with me doing the washing!

At the time that we bought ours it was the most expensive machine available through John Lewis and although, at first, I baulked at the price - we certainly have had our money's worth. As an example, in the preceding ten years we had three similar machines made by Service, Hotpoint and Zanussi all half the price of the Miele but all of them failed dramatically (and expensively) after only two or three years.

Sadly, we cannot install the Miele on Alnwick because it won't fit through the hatches so we are looking for a replacement that will.

Although, we have heard bad news about the small Candy machines, they do seem to make decent machines toward the top of their range - and like the AEG range they are all slightly smaller externally and will fit through our hatches.

Has anyone had any experience with the more expensive Candy or AEG machines?

Edited to add that this is the machine we have been looking at:

Candy GOW 464F White Washer Dryer

Graham,

Thank you . . SWMBO is now convinced Miele's the way to go -

It's flexible programmes, lowish H2O and power consumption

Its uber reliability (by washing machine standards)

and it's exorbitantly high price (preventing me from buying any more toys!)( :lol: )

Ive had a candy, they are ok if you can do lots of very small washes. They will not wash a sheet, quilt cover and pillow cases in one go. Two pair of jeans is about the limit. So while they may be ok with water and power you may have to do more washes.

Bridgit

We have a Candy aquamatic, 3kg load wash at 40c and find it more tham adequate for our live-aboard needs, we also have a Zanussi tumble dryer 4kg load. Both these bits of kit fit our "500mm "rule and got them in the boat with no problem.

Phil