Search flood control

DHutch

Featured Posts

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again.

While eveyone knows floodcontrol, along with bandwidth limits on the gallery, is vital to prevent idoits abusing the forum, i cant help thinking the current settings are a littl be over zenlous.

- Everytime i search for somthing, often just to help somone else out, i end up seeing this message, and hitting F5 repeatedly untill my 20secs have pasted. This can happen anywhere between 2or10 times each time, and it gets a bit boring.

Would it be possable to up the number of times you can search per time just a little?

Daniel

I was going to post something on this......

When I use the "view new posts" button, i don't usually have any problems, but it only finds new posts in the last 24 hours by default. If I've been away for a long weekend and want to check anything that was posted two or three days ago, I change the efault 1 day to the next setting, seven days, and it is then virtually impossible to get anything except the flood control message.

Is this part of the same problem?

I was going to post something on this......

When I use the "view new posts" button, i don't usually have any problems, but it only finds new posts in the last 24 hours by default. If I've been away for a long weekend and want to check anything that was posted two or three days ago, I change the efault 1 day to the next setting, seven days, and it is then virtually impossible to get anything except the flood control message.

Is this part of the same problem?

Yes, its exactly the same thing. (i do that too)

- It seams to be set up to allow one every 20secs. (and possably a limit on the total times per day too)

Usally they can be set to some thing more flexable which allows for short bursts of searching.

Its just to stop people doing a complex search, and then lean on F5 (refresh) for 20mins, which would cause a massive load on the server(s) CPU(s) and HDD's

Daniel