HARRIS TWIN TUB WASHING MACHINE

Gunna Do

Featured Posts

We have looked at these and think that they could be perfect for us. Did an internet search for suppliers and came across several. One such company (Polar) have a notice saying that they have 'withdrawn this product due to reliability issues'.

Has anybody out there had problems with this unit? Should we buy a different make?

I really hope thats not the case, I bought one recently on the strength of THIS posting. Ive only run it once to test it out (im waiting untill I actually plumb my boat before i use it properly)

It does seem to wash clothes well and the spin dryer is excellent

Tomandsophie seem to have had theirs a long time.

And. . in that post someone mentions another twin tub made by thompson which I think is very similar to the harris, maybe theyre worth a look.

Edited by Ged

We have looked at these and think that they could be perfect for us. Did an internet search for suppliers and came across several. One such company (Polar) have a notice saying that they have 'withdrawn this product due to reliability issues'.

Has anybody out there had problems with this unit? Should we buy a different make?

We bought one last year, apart from the hoses being flimsy which we replaced, it's fine. Takes a big load, just a bit more 'hands on' than the Candy 100t it replaced but less power hungry.

We have had ours now for just over a year. In that time I have had to have two warranty spares from them. In both cases it was the rubber coated springs that control the spinner drum. First time one went then two went. The fill hose is pants from day one & the drain hose is not far behind (I am just about to fit a new none harris one). Apart from that its worked fine doing the wash for 4 people in large batches every week or two (as we do wash day on the bat FULL FULL charge & Absorb / EQ day).

May just be a coincidence but dont Polar make a rival machine to the Harris, strange therefore that they start selling their competitors model then announce that they are stopping as it is so unreliable.

Further investigation has found a legal fight going on, the content of which I suppose I shouldn't publish here. Suffice it to say that taking into account the recommendations posted on this thread, I'm going ahead.

Many thanks for the replies.