Taurus

Liam

Featured Posts

gallery_5000_522_281527.jpg

They do not from this picture appear to be black,slightly darker than white so blue is a possibility if it is a pale blue at a guess but the print seems a bit washed out in the cabin area.

Interesting that the building in the background is heavily buttressed and has a bricked up arch evident

That boat (as stated earlier in the thread) is the small Woolwich butty Crater renamed which replace the M&C/FMC boat in the hotel pair.

In fact its a very small Woolwich as the bottom 12 inches or so of hull were cut off when it was rebottomed to save refooting it.

Paul H

On a trip to the U.K. in either 2002/03 & doing a bit of``cut ``viewing at Bosley, Snipe & Taurus came up through the top lock, talking to the skipper, I was told he was the owner Derek Fearnley. Further chat to the effect that I had owned &worked Hotel boats, & that in the l960`s I`d owned Crater brought the response that Taurus had been Crater, more chat in which I was told Approx 8 inches had been removed from the sides to save refooting, & that being shallower draught made for easier working Can`t really comment on this other than having a ride on the motor`s gunnel to the first bridgehole it did seem to tow & steer nicely