Looking to purchase 2 possibly 4 Top Boxes

heyjude999

Featured Posts

I've been looking at plywood packaging crates.

1200x1000x375 = £56

INTEUcomplete1.JPG

http://www.woodenpackaging.co.uk/products.asp?c=27

1000x750x362 = £34.59 Like this but different size:

MCase.JPG

http://www.woodenpackaging.co.uk/products....info&id=247

Just did an online quote application for a cover for one of these, shock cord all around and the side walls coming down 450 mm, would come in at about £100.

I'm quite tempted.

I can send you the details if needed?

Edited by wanted

Right finally found time to get back on here.

The boxes my Dad has are 58" by 38".

I can walk down either side ok and i've got two of these comfortably on my 42ft narrowboat.

I will get a pic up at some point too if people are still interested.

wave...wave... Yes please, Id be interested in two too.....

Photo would be good the photos of the plywood boxes posted earlier are not 'posh' enough for me.

Cheers

Right finally found time to get back on here.

The boxes my Dad has are 58" by 38".

I can walk down either side ok and i've got two of these comfortably on my 42ft narrowboat.

I will get a pic up at some point too if people are still interested.

Photo would be good the photos of the plywood boxes posted earlier are not 'posh' enough for me.

Cheers

I have got my boat a few months ago and cos i own my own fabrication company i am making myself some for the roof, if you want it to rot away after a few years get wood, mine is gunna be made out of aluminium so in 30 years time and my boat has sunk the box will still be there. They not that cheap to make but have a look at mine(it should be fitted sometime next week and painted to same exact paint finish(powder coated). it will be custom made to fit my boat, as i am fairly quiet at work at the moment should anyone else want one making if they supply me some sizes i could give you a price for them, and if require painting i can sort that too...delivery will have to be sorted obviously...

I will put some pictures up when i can.

Ps, any size is not a problem the top and sides are made out of 3mm thick and bottom with roof curve is 2mm, and has 2 lids one either side for access and lockable..painted to a standard ral colour of your boat satin matt of gloss..(gunna be 3 on my boat approx size 1450mm wide x 1200mm long x 250mm high..in midnight blue gloss to match boat..

I was thinking of building a topbox to house a couple of bikes. I was wondering how you solve the height problem when burrowing through tunnels? Our Nb is a trad stern so there really isn't room to temporarily stash it there and I don't fancy towing it behind on a rope.