A Miserable Travelogue

Featured Posts

.................. Of course I wasn't carrying a puncture repair kit because mountain bikes don't get punctures.

Corking suggestion!

Mountain bikes, even with special puncture proof tyres, with an added band of Kevlar, get regular punctures.....

Freshly cut hawthorn on a towpath is rather better at bringing a bike to a standstill than those "stinger" things the police use to immomilise stolen cars !

But I can't sneer too much - I have occasionally found myself on a towpath, wet, cold and too far from home to see the immediate funny side....

Then when I find the puncture is the result of another fishing hook that someone has felt it's OK to leave around, I really start to cheer up!.....

Hehe! - Punctures are the pits, the kevlar tyres help (flax jacket/amadillo/etc) , but as you say, there no where near 100%ers!

- I ussally carry a new tube, and some self addhesive patches.

- And some levers, becuase my rims make it impossable to get the tyre of without a good set of strong, plastic, levars. (sun ditchwitch rims, if anyones into that sort of thing)

Daniel