Have you got a Leisure Line GRP Cruiser?

MikeFarmer

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I own a Leisure Line 24 foot GRP cruiser made in about 1993, and while visiting Ely last year I saw another one that was very similar to mine. A very interesting chat with the owner revealed that there was only ever eight of these brilliant boats ever made, and obviously mine and his accounted for two of them.

I thought it might be a bit of fun (not to mention quite a challenge) to try and trace the other 6, if it was at all possible.

So... does anyone reading these boards own, or know of, any other Leisure Line GRP 24 foot cruisers? Literally any information would be of interest, as I would like to know as much as possible about this particular species of cruiser.

For information, the style would be similar to the Norman boats, and I suspect that most of them would have been finished off with grey and blue melamine woodwork. The engine could be either inboard or outboard (one of each so far !), and beam would be 6'10 to make canal travel easier.

Any info gratefully received. Thanks.

So... does anyone reading these boards own, or know of, any other Leisure Line GRP 24 foot cruisers? Literally any information would be of interest, as I would like to know as much as possible about this particular species of cruiser.

So how about a photo ?

Regards Graham.

So how about a photo ?

Regards Graham.

ok...soon as I figure out how it's done :)

Mike

• 17 years later...
On 01/10/2023 at 09:42, alnumpty said:

Hi, a late reply but I just bought one. Sept 2023.

Built 1993, Perkins 3cyl inboard. Very tidy, I  like the folding,sliding windscreen for tight bridges! Love all the electrics behind the hinged helm. And full 6' headroom.

Welcome to the forum.

Presumably you bought this one?

https://www.boatsforsale.co.uk/boats/motor-boats/inland-cruiser/leisure-line-24-cabin-cruiser-brand-new-canopy-for-sale-118116.html 

So now the thread has a picture or two to reference and a name.

Chris

14 hours ago, alnumpty said:

Yep, that's her.

I have the original spec sheet but photo too big file to send.

Welcome to the forum. That's a very tidy looking boat. I think that these were actually made from modified moulds from the Norman 24 which are an older but still great boat with quite a few still out there. It's one of the boats that I'd like to upgrade to so I'm not envious of your new craft, at all, oh no. Have fun and enjoy!

5 hours ago, alnumpty said:

I started with a Norman 20, now selling a norman 23 to fund the new boat. Norman's are very robust, old as they are.

I went up to the moulding sheds in the 70s when my dad was looking for a hull. Gave me a lifelong affection for the smell of polyester resin and those boats.