Little green boxes ....

Oliver

Featured Posts

I know this makes me a really sad case, but there are a number of facilities on this new forum that I find fascinating (well, mildly interesting).

Question, once you've been given a green box, can it be taken away if you don't keep up your post rate? How many green boxes would Jon have if he didn't have a big site label?

We seem to be getting far more people on line at the same time than we did on the other forum - maximum on line at any time was 8 I think, maximum on line here at any one time is 23 (or was the last time I looked). Any ideas why?

My PC is a bit tempremental and won't let me go to some threads, diverting me elsewhere - but I have found a way of fooling the Controller ( :(:D;) ) From the main menu, if I look to see who made the last post, then go their member page and pick 'See Member Posts' I can read the post even though I can't get to the thread.

We get so much information about who has done what and when, I'm surprised that there isn't something which tells me how much time I've been logged on for and when (or maybe there is and I just haven't found it). Only thing is I think my 'record' would show me up as being logged in for long periods of time, because sometimes when I come to the site I am already logged on (I think this happens when the site freezes on me and I have to close down. I sort of assumed that you got logged out automatically when you shut the site down).

Well that's my rhetorical rambling over with - him in doors not in the mood to talk, his team are playing on the telly and apparently should have been 3 - 0 up already :( . Better go and get his dinner ready for half-time

That will be MS Internet Explorer and its 'Cookie' management I assume! This effects your log in. The only sure way to ensure that you are logged out is to click the 'Log Out' link at the top of the page.

Regarding little green squares - once you have them, they are yours to keep, they don't go back down. The maximum you can get is six at the moment. If I didn't have the 'Site Crew' box under my name, I would have 4 at the moment.

As for number of people online, I think that there are just more people. Since the new system went live, there have been 27615 topic views. The post rate is also significantly higher than before. We are approaching 20% of the original posts which took over 2 years to accumulate.

The only data the forum stores about you is when you were last online, and when you are online. There are no records about how long you have been logged in for (too dangerous, the boss could see! :( )

Hope this answers your questions,

Jon